Complete Understanding of Stock Options: Derivatives Part 2
What you'll learn
- Complete understanding of Options as a stock derivatives
- How to trade in Options as a derivative and use options for hedging
- The Basic Concept of Option and character of Call and Put options
- Option Greeks
- There are no prerequisites since course has been progressively build right from the very basics. Any person with an interest in stock market can understand. However, some basic knowledge of stock market will certainly be helpful.
- Some basic lessons like "Meaning of Derivatives" and "Investing in stocks vis-a-vis Trading in derivatives" are listed as FREE preview lessons in the other course titled "Complete Understanding of Stock Futures: Derivatives Part 1" by the same instructor. It is not necessary to enroll for Part 1 but students are advised to see these Free Preview lessons for a better understanding of the basics.
In this course hosted by PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants, Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid, an Army Veteran and a post graduate in Engineering and Finance with a Doctorate in management explains Options as a derivative in context of Stock market in a very simple manner with live examples.
The meaning, concepts and characteristics of options have been explained in a very simple manner right from the basics. Terms like Strike price, Moneyness of Options, Time value and Intrinsic value of Options, Option chain and Profitability of Options have been explained in great depth. The concept of hedging with the help of Options and the Option Greeks have been adequately explained. The methodology adopted is such which one does not find in books. The course is divided into five sections as follows:-
1. The Basics: Understanding the concept of Options and Option trading. Call option and Put Option
2. Understanding the technicalities and terminologies of Options trade
3. Hedging with the help of Options
4. Understanding Option Greeks
5. How to do it and a word of advise
It is an educational course to enhance your knowledge. The course does not include any tips or tricks or shortcut methods of getting rich nor does it discuss anything about technical charts, technical analysis or buy sell signals. In fact, the instructor would like to caution that trading in derivatives without proper knowledge and risk management could be disastrous.
This course will be of immense benefit to those who invest in Stock market and are interested in moving on to trade in derivatives and also those who intend to make stock trading as their profession or career. Those who are already trading in derivatives but with limited knowledge, will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills. This course will help the students of finance, commerce and those pursuing or intending to pursue financial management courses.
The instructor would like to make it very clear that this course is Part 2 of the Derivatives and explains only the Options in context of stock market. Futures as derivatives have NOT been discussed in this course but in another course by the same instructor and is titled "Complete Understanding of Stock Futures: Derivatives Part 1".
Students are advised to see the FREE preview lessons of the course "Complete Understanding of Stock Futures: Derivatives Part 1" since those basic lessons on derivatives are not included in this course to avoid repetition.
This course in Not specific to Indian stock market or US stock market or indices like Nifty, Sensex, NASDAQ or Dow Jones but a conceptual course applicable to all stock markets across the globe.
The speaker knows the subject well and speaks to the point without any glamour, frills or divergence thus, respecting the value of time.
This course is purely for educational purposes. Investment and trading in stock market involves financial risk. Students taking this course are advised to exercise due diligence before making any investment or trade in stock market. The instructor or any party related to this course or it's content will not be responsible for any kind of loss to anyone in anyway, due to this course.
Who this course is for:
- Those investing or trading in stock market
- Those interested in Learning Derivatives to trade in Stock market
- Those who are interested in trading in stock derivatives specially Options
- Those who are planning to take up stock trading as a profession or career
- Those who invest in shares but would like to progress to derivative trading and hedging
- Students of finance, commerce and business
- Students undergoing professional courses in Finance like CFA, CA, MBA etc for better understanding of the subject
You being a keen learner in quest of knowledge, our courses are designed and structured specially for you.
About our courses:
Our courses are designed to give you an in-depth knowledge in a manner which is easy to understand and difficult to forget. Emphasis is given to the fundamentals rather than bookish literature so as to make your foundation strong.
About the Instructor:
Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid is an Army veteran and a mechanical engineer with over 38 years of experience. Qualified as a post graduate engineer coupled with a masters degree in financial management, a PhD and a passion for teaching he continues to be a learner. He is also a fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and a Chartered Engineer. Apart from academic qualifications and several specialized Army courses, his versatile experience in understanding people across a wide spectrum will add to the value of his lectures. Retired from the Army in 2020, he now pursues his passion for teaching and manages a small consultancy firm called PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants of which he is the founder.
Knowledge is the only instrument of production which is not subject to diminishing returns.
An investment in knowledge gives consistent returns throughout life, and then to the next generation.