Complete Terraform Course - Beginner to Advanced
What you'll learn
- Core concepts and components of Terraform language
- Fundamental networking concepts of AWS: VPC, Subnet, Security Group
- Creating, changing and destroying resources with Terraform
- Terraform commands, terraform state, variables, output values, environment variables
- Automating AWS infrastructure like EC2, VPC, Subnet, Security Group, Route Table, SSH Key Pair using Terraform
- Hands-on Demo project of creating AWS infrastructure step by step
- How to use Terraform Provisioners to prepare a server for running a Docker container
- Terraform Modules - How to modularize your Terraform configuration and how to use an existing Module from Terraform Registry
- Why Terraform Remote State is important and how to configure a remote storage with AWS S3
- Learn best practices along the way
- Learn how to setup git repository and use Git to manage our Terraform configuration code as a best practice
- Infrastructure as Code
Current discount code: NANA_TF_JAN_2022
By the end of this course:
you will master one of the most popular Infrastructure Provisioning and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tool, which is Terraform
you will be able to use Terraform confidently in your projects
you will know all the core concepts and components of Terraform language
if you follow along the demos, you will have solid practical experience with Terraform
you will know the fundamental AWS networking concepts and how to create AWS resources using Terraform
You will learn all the concepts with practical examples by automating the AWS infrastructure. AWS is the most used cloud provider and using Terraform with AWS is the most common combination used in projects, so knowing how to automate AWS infrastructure gives you an advantage in the DevOps job market!
Why learn from me:
You will learn Terraform step by step and simply explained!
Thousands of students (checkout @Techworld with Nana on Youtube) love the way how I explain complex concepts in an easy way, so that everyone can understand it.
I'm both an educator and a practitioner. All my knowledge is based on real projects that I have worked in or consulted
Learn from a Docker Captain and AWS Container Hero
Core concepts you'll learn:
Providers - Connect with remote cloud providers and systems
Resources and Data Sources - Create and fetch resources
Terraform Commands - Terraform CLI
Changing and destroying Resources
Input Variables - Parameterize your Terraform Configuration to make it re-usable
Environment Variables in Terraform
Provisioners in Terraform - Prepare server
Terraform Modules - Modularize your Terraform Project and use existing Modules from Terraform Registry
In the main demo project you'll learn:
how to setup a git repository for your Terraform project
how to create the main AWS networking resources: VPC, Subnet, Route Table, Internet Gateway, Security Group
how to create and prepare a EC2 server instance, install Docker and start a Docker container on it
Throughout the course:
you will learn best practices
we will use Git to manage our configuration code, which is a best practice in Infrastructure as Code.
See the lecture description for even more information of what you will learn and what we will build.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Terraform from scratch and be confident using it
- Anyone who wants to learn how to automate infrastructure using the most popular Infrastructure as Code tool
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use Terraform to automate AWS infrastructure
- DevOps Engineers, System Administrators, Software Developer
- Anyone who wants to add an extremely valuable tool of automating infrastructure creation and management to their skillset
I am teaching complex DevOps topics in an easy and understandable way!
I am passionate about sharing my knowledge about DevOps through my Youtube Channel (@Techworld with Nana) and the various online courses. Thousands of students love the way I explain complex concepts in an easy way.
I'm both an educator and a practitioner. All my knowledge is based on real projects that I have worked in or consulted over the years.
I'm a Docker Captain (docker/captains/nana-janashia) and AWS Container Hero (aws.amazon/developer/community/heroes/nana-janashia).
Also I created a complete DevOps Bootcamp as a complete educational program for people who want to become DevOps engineers and teach them all the necessary DevOps tools and how to use them in practice. So if you're interested in becoming a DevOps engineer, check out my website for more infos on that :)
I would be happy to connect with you on social media! :)
Courses with this co-author signify that the primary author is a verified Docker Captain with Docker Inc.
Docker Captain is a distinction that Docker awards select members of the community that are both experts in their field and are passionate about sharing their Docker knowledge with others. Captains are Docker ambassadors (not employees) and their commitment to sharing their expertise has a huge impact on the Docker community – whether they are blogging, writing books, speaking, running workshops, creating tutorials and classes, offering support in forums, or organizing and contributing to local events – they help make Docker’s mission of democratizing technology possible.