The Complete TDD Course: Master Ruby Development with RSpec
What you'll learn
- Build beautiful (and complex) error free applications
- Build complete test suites with RSpec
- Go from beginner to advanced in Test Driven Development
- Go in-depth into the structure of programs and peel the layers off complex apps and turn them to smaller manageable pieces
- Break down bigger problems to smaller pieces and master OOP in the process
- Some exposure to programming in any language will be helpful (beginner level exposure is ok)
- Please note this is volume 1 of a course series and covers Ruby development and RSpec, by the end you will master not just Ruby for programming applications and RSpec for testing but also web development with Ruby on Rails
- No software purchase is necessary in advance for this course (all software and tools used in the course are free)
- Ok for beginner level programmers as well, but not suitable for complete beginners who have no exposure to any programming languages in the past
Programming and web application development with Ruby and Ruby on Rails is on fire, they are some of the hottest skill-sets you can have in the booming tech industry and you can master it - beginner to expert - right here in this course series.
I'm Mashrur, creator of the best selling Ruby on Rails courses here in Udemy and I specialize in training Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RSpec, MySQL and so on. I absolutely love sharing my development secrets with my you!
I build each and every course with you in mind. With feedback from previous courses and incorporating the latest and hottest technologies out there - I strive to make each new course better than the last so students have the best learning experience ever.
This is volume 1 of the Test Driven Development Course and will help you master spec creation with RSpec as you build beautiful, error-free applications with Ruby, one of the easiest and most developer friendly programming languages out there.
You'll learn how to take bigger, complex problems and turn them into bite-sized pieces so development becomes as easy as watching TV (well not quite that easy, but you get the picture). There has never been a time where building fun, practical, efficient applications was this easy. Don't take my word for it - check out the free preview video for the final project built in the course!
Become a development Jedi and go from beginner to advanced in this easy to follow course built solely with you, the student, in mind. It's jam packed with quizzes, coding exercises and practice tests to ensure you learn the material which is presented and are able to retain and re-use it at your will.
You will get full, responsive support for all your questions in the Question and Answer section of the course. You will also have free access to the live chat support where you can interact with other Ruby on Rails developers, current and past students, Teaching Assistants and myself from time to time as well. This course is truly there to support you in your development journey, no matter where you are in it.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to become a professional developer
- Anyone who wants to build beautiful and error free applications
- Anyone who wants to learn testing while developing code
- Anyone who wants to take their coding skills to the next level
- This course is for beginners with some prior exposure to programming, but also for intermediate (even experts) who want to learn test driven development and tools
Hi, I'm Mashrur, I'm a full-time programming instructor specializing in programming fundamentals, web application development, machine learning and cyber security. I have been a technology professional for over a decade and have degrees in Computer Science and Economics.
My niche is building comprehensive career focused technology courses for students entering new/complex and challenging fields in today's technology space. This is a nice segway for me, since my real passion is building and tinkering with programming languages. I love everything to do with development and learning about new tools and technologies. My favorite languages are Python and Ruby on Rails, and my favorite tech fields are web app development, machine learning and data-analytics (which is where Ruby on Rails and Python fall into place nicely). I encourage my students to focus on these technologies as well.
In my past (corporate) life, I worked with Enterprise Software Systems with roles played in analysis, development, management and training. I led projects using both agile and waterfall methodologies and thus am well versed in the inner workings of the software development and delivery world.
During my time in corporate America, I realized how much I enjoyed training new hires and new team members and helping them succeed. I dedicated a good amount of time over 7 years on-boarding new analysts and developers and then worked with them to build and maintain systems which put me in a unique position to know and understand what new entrants to a field need in order to succeed. I strongly believe in focusing on fundamentals and practice; and not in shortcuts or gimmicks.
So join me for my comprehensive career-focused technology courses as I guide you through the world of web application development, machine learning and cyber security using Python, Ruby on Rails, MySQL and others and bringing your ideas and passions to life.
I studied mining engineering and information systems. I completed a Diploma in Datametrics at the University of South Africa with a specialization in Information Systems.
Whilst working in the mines, I developed various mining, rock mechanics and geological applications using languages ranging from Perl, Turbo Pascal to C#, Java and Ruby. In particular, I developed a mining production information management system, as well as a pit crew performance management system, both for Thompson Creek Metals (Endako Mines), and a client management application for Snowden Mining Industry Consultants, using Ruby on Rails. I currently do freelance web development in Ruby on Rails.