The Complete Tableau Bootcamp for Data Visualization
What you'll learn
- Learn the Foundational Elements of Data Visualization, and Apply Them Using Tableau
- Build Professional Business Dashboards to Effectively Convey Patterns and Trends in Your Data
- Learn and Master Level of Detail (LOD) Expressions to Solve Complex Tasks in Data Visualization
- Learn and Master the Usage of Basic Calculations to Solve Common Tasks in Data Visualization
- Learn and Master Table Calculations to Apply Further Transformations to Your Visualization
- Learn to Navigate the Dashboard Workspace, and Customize Your Dashboards to Different Devices
- Learn and Master Tableau’s Mapping Functionality to Answer Spatial Questions
- Learn to Style and Format Maps with Mapbox, WMS, and Dual Axis capabilities
- Learn to Find, and Make of Use of Various Spatial Files in Tableau
- Learn and Master the Usage of Context Filters, Dimension Filters, Top N Filters, and Measure Filters.
- Use Heat Maps to Find Hot Spots in Overlapping Data
- Learn to Add Interactivity to your Plots using Set actions and Parameter Control
- Learn about Different Join types to Combine your Data into a Single Rich Data Source
- Learn to Use Story Points to Tell Stories With Your Data
- Apply Pivots to your Data for Effective Data Processing
- Implement Unions to Combine Multiple Data Sources into One
- Learn About Theoretical Concepts Such as Data Types and Pre-attentive Processing
- Interest in Data Visualization
- Mac or Windows Computer
Welcome to the best online resource for learning about Tableau!
This course will teach you everything you need to know to create amazing data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau!
Every module of this course is carefully designed to teach you what you need to know to create amazing data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau. We start with the basics and gradually build up your Tableau skill set by leveraging awesome real world data sets to create visualizations for your portfolio of projects.
Upon completing this course you will be ready to tackle your own data projects with real world data sets and create Tableau dashboards to show off to your colleagues or even potential employers. Completion of this course also includes a certification you can post to your LinkedIn profile!
Inside the course we'll cover:
Installing and setting up Tableau Public on your computer
Visual Analytics with Tableau
Tableau Mapping for Geographical Data
Level of Detail (LOD) Expressions
Joins and Unions
Interactive Worksheets with Set Actions and Parameter Control
Understanding Color Vision Deficiency
Build Sophisticated Dashboards and Unique, Engaging Stories through the Power of Data Visualization
and much, much more!
Not only do you get great technical content, but you will also get access to our Question and Answer Forums, where you and other students can get help on the course material and content.
All of this comes with a 30-day money back guarantee so you can enroll today completely risk free!
We'll see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Analysts Interested in Learning Tableau to Create Amazing Dashboards and Visualizations
- Data Visualization Creators
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Data-Driven Decision Makers
- Business Intelligence Analysts
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University and years of experience as a professional instructor and trainer for Data Science, Machine Learning and Python Programming. He has publications and patents in various fields such as microfluidics, materials science, and data science. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in analyzing data and he hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of programming, the ability to analyze data, and the skills needed to present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. Currently he works as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Training and provides in-person data science and python programming training courses to employees working at top companies, including General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, McKinsey and many more. Feel free to check out the website link to find out more information about training offerings.
Rayan is a full-stack software developer based in Ottawa, Canada.
Rayan has been appointed as an acting tech lead at Canada's IRCC. His main role is to set up infrastructure monitoring tools to extract health metrics from cloud-native applications.
Rayan also takes leadership roles as he guides other developers towards building Spring Boot applications that implement Enterprise Integration Patterns using the Apache Camel framework. His supervision extends to showing developers how to deploy their applications on the Red Hat Openshift platform using the Kubernetes package manager Helm.
Outside of his daily work, Rayan loves to explore new technologies. He is deeply passionate about Artificial Intelligence and Data Visualization.
In Rayan's free time, he loves to teach!
Hi! I'm Sarmad, and I have graduate level expertise in Mechanical Engineering. My main areas of interest and research include autonomous robotics, self driving car technology and machine learning.
In my spare time, I enjoy teaching courses on Udemy and sharing my knowledge with all of you!
Jad studied mechanical engineering at the University of Ottawa. Jad also has extensive experience in software development, cloud development, machine learning, computer vision, mathematical modeling, computer simulation, and intelligent systems. Jad has also developed many deep learning applications, and is currently pursuing an interest in autonomous machines and Full Stack Development.