Just launched with all modern SQL and Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, + more) features for 2022! Join a live online community of over 600,000+ students and a course taught by industry experts that have actually worked both in Silicon Valley and Toronto managing databases. This is one of the most in demand tech skills in the world right now with SQL being used for many years to come (it has been around since the 1970s and going stronger than ever)!
Using the latest best practices in SQL, Database Management and Database Design, this course is focused on efficiency. Never spend time on confusing, out of date, incomplete tutorials anymore. Graduates of Andrei’s courses are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, + other top tech companies.
We guarantee you this is the most comprehensive online resource on Databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL. This project and exercise based course will introduce you to all of the modern toolchain of an SQL developer or anyone using a database in the workplace (Product Manager, Business Analyst/Intelligence, Data Analyst, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineer, Web Developer, Mobile Developer + any role requiring insights from data). Along the way, we will learn practical and real world skills that will get you hired.
The curriculum is going to be very hands on as we walk you from start to finish of working with databases and SQL, all the way into learning how to scale databases, how to manage them, and even bonus material on working with Big Data, Caching using Redis, and connecting PostgreSQL to a Node.js server. We even talk about pros and cons of choosing an SQL Database vs NoSQL like MongoDB. We will start from the very beginning by teaching you SQL and Database Fundamentals and then going into advanced topics so you can make good decisions and work with any data that your company has no matter how complex!
The topics covered are:
- NoSQL (MongoDB) vs PostgreSQL, MySQL vs NewSQL
- SQL Theory And Concepts
- The Relational Model
- SQL Basics
- SQL Functions
- Data Modification Language / DML
- Data Query Language / DQL
- SQL Filtering / WHERE Statement
- 3 Valued Logic
- SQL JOINS
- Window Functions
- Date Filtering and Timestamps
- SQL Aggregate Functions
- SQL Operator Precedense
- SQL ORDER BY
- SQL GROUP BY
- SQL Top Down Design
- SQL Bottom Up Design
- SQL Entity Relationship Diagram
- SQL Normalization
- Database Types
- The role of a DBMS
- Multi Table SELECT
- The Software Development Lifecycle / SDLC
- POSTGRES Role Management
- POSTGRES Permission Management
- POSTGRES Backup Strategies
- POSTGRES Transaction Management/ SQL Transactions
- POSTGRES/SQL Data Types
- SQL Views
- Redis Database
- Connecting A Database To A Server/Web App (Node.js)
- Data Engineering (Kafka, Hadoop, etc...)
- Vertical + Horizontal Scaling
- Distributed vs Centralized Databases
- Big Data + Analytics
- Database Security (SQL Injections, Access Control, etc...)
With SQL you will be able to work with all databases like: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, SQLite, MariaDB, Amazon Redshift, Presto, Apache Hive with Hadoop, and many many more because SQL is everywhere!
You see, data is everywhere and it is the most valuable asset in the world. All the top companies need people that can work with data. That is where this course comes in. Unlike most tutorials out there, this course encompasses many fields working with many databases. Whether you want to get into the tech industry, you’re a mobile or web developer, a data scientist, a machine learning engineer, a business analyst, even sales and marketing or you have your own company. Any role that requires you to work with data will need to know this valuable skill that is SQL (how to interact with databases, analyze, and use data).
Here is the thing though. There are many courses on this topic.
Let me tell you 3 reasons why this course is different from any other SQL/PostgreSQL/MySQL/Database tutorial online:
1. In this course you will learn to work with not just 1 but many Databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Server, Redis, and so much more. No prior programming or technical experience is necessary. We take you from absolute zero, all the way to mastery. We will go above and beyond to not just teach you SQL commands but to teach you advanced techniques, best practices, database design and how to think about performance, security, and scalability.
2. This course is taught by actual professionals who have experience and have worked with databases for some of the largest companies in the world. Mo is a super star when it comes SQL. He has built software for the European Union, launched products for 5 Fortune 500 companies, and has consulted at Google. Andrei has worked on enterprise level apps for large tech firms in Silicon Valley as well as Toronto and has also taught others tech skills that got them into big companies like Google. By having both Andrei and Mo teach, you get to see different perspective and learn from 2 engineers as if you are working at a company together.
3. We are going to have fun here. The course starts off with you getting hired at Keiko Corp to investigate their recent Database breach. Because we believe in learning by doing, you will be doing tons of real life assignments and exercises along the way, and eventually get to the point where you can help Keiko Corp solve their mystery by looking at their databases and analyzing hidden information. Our goals is that everyone has fun and is successful after completing the course :)
This course is not about making you just watch along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial. No! This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in SQL and Databases to someone that is in the top 10% of SQL and Database experts!
Andrei is the instructor of the highest rated Development courses on Udemy as well as one of the fastest growing. His graduates have moved on to work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Tesla, Amazon, JP Morgan, IBM, UNIQLO etc... He has been working as a senior software developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years, and is now taking all that he has learned, to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Having been a self taught programmer, he understands that there is an overwhelming number of online courses, tutorials and books that are overly verbose and inadequate at teaching proper skills. Most people feel paralyzed and don't know where to start when learning a complex subject matter, or even worse, most people don't have $20,000 to spend on a coding bootcamp. Programming skills should be affordable and open to all. An education material should teach real life skills that are current and they should not waste a student's valuable time. Having learned important lessons from working for Fortune 500 companies, tech startups, to even founding his own business, he is now dedicating 100% of his time to teaching others valuable software development skills in order to take control of their life and work in an exciting industry with infinite possibilities.
Andrei promises you that there are no other courses out there as comprehensive and as well explained. He believes that in order to learn anything of value, you need to start with the foundation and develop the roots of the tree. Only from there will you be able to learn concepts and specific skills(leaves) that connect to the foundation. Learning becomes exponential when structured in this way.
Taking his experience in educational psychology and coding, Andrei's courses will take you on an understanding of complex subjects that you never thought would be possible.
Mo is a Solutions Architect with over 7 years of experience in Software Architecture and Development. Having worked as a consultant for the majority of his career, he has seen it all.
He has worked on global applications for multi-nationals, governments and Fortune 500 companies.
Throughout his career he has seen every type of developer and development practice, and the one thing that he believes more than anything is that software development is a pragmatic team sport. Go fast alone, go far together!
My main goal with instructing is to teach the foundational knowledge to set you up for life-long learning. Software and development practices change often, but when you have the right foundation adapting to the constant change becomes easy!
See you inside the courses!