The Complete Python/PostgreSQL Course 2.0
What you'll learn
- How to leverage the power of databases (in-memory, SQLite, and PostgreSQL) to upgrade your Python applications
- Prevent common pitfalls: avoid SQL injection attacks, store database credentials securely, and optimize the performance of your applications
- Understand how databases work and how to take advantage of their features from the ground up, by building multiple projects
- This is a no-nonsense, no-frills course on fully mastering PostgreSQL and how to use it effective within and outside of your Python apps
- Learn how to work with dates and times effectively in Python applications
- Produce engaging charts, graphs, and reports using database data
- Foundational Python knowledge is required (a Python refresher is provided), as the course focuses on using PostgreSQL with Python
- A Python editor or IDE, such as Visual Studio Code or PyCharm
- You don't need to install anything more for this course, everything we do is on the cloud (although guidance to do it locally is also provided)
Master PostgreSQL and use it in your Python apps!
Python and PostgreSQL are two of the most in-demand skills in the world. After completing this course, you'll be confident in adding both to your resume/CV.
Everything you'll learn in this course is relevant to other database systems too, like MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle.
With this course, you'll master PostgreSQL and how to work with it from Python. If you use Python and you want to augment your skills with a database, you'll love this course!
Work with different types of databases (in-memory, SQLite, and PostgreSQL), and understand when to use each in your Python apps.
Build a programming journal project to add a SQLite database to your Python application.
Improve a database design incrementally so you're not bound by your initial design.
Model different relationships with PostgreSQL, including one-to-many and many-to-many.
Reduce errors by applying database changes using database migrations with Python and alembic.
Build a polling app to learn about advanced data analysis with GROUP BY, PostgreSQL window functions, and nested queries.
Work with dates and times in PostgreSQL, and avoid common timezone pitfalls.
Structure Python apps like a professional, to make development much easier.
Produce data analysis reports and charts using matplotlib with PostgreSQL data.
You'll also tackle advanced PostgreSQL topics, such as:
Async database connections
As you can see, you're going to learn a lot!
But this is a no-nonsense, no-frills course. We have planned, crafted, and edited every lecture to be concise and compact. No time wasted, so you can master PostgreSQL in record time.
We've created dozens of diagrams to explain database concepts, as well as code-along videos. But you won't just be watching me code! You'll develop the projects yourself first, to gain hands-on experience and master PostgreSQL.
Also, throughout the course, I provide data sets with challenges and exercises for you to practice what you've learned.
I've been teaching and helping students online for over 8 years, and this course is the culmination of my teaching experience. I know how to help you understand concepts fully and quickly, in the best way for you.
When you complete this course you'll be able to:
Extend your Python applications with database functionality using PostgreSQL.
Answer complex questions using data and generate reports.
List PostgreSQL as one of your strongest skills.
Check out the free preview videos for more information and to try out the course!
I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python developers who want to take the next step in upgrading their applications by leveraging the power of databases.
- Any Python developer who is not familiar with databases and wants to fully understand their choices before using one in their applications
- Business analysis and data scientists who want to create larger applications or interact with larger data sets through a database
Best-selling Udemy instructor Rob Percival wants to revolutionize the way people learn to code by making it simple, logical, fun and, above all, accessible. But as just one man, Rob couldn’t create all the courses his students - more than half a million of them - wanted.
That’s why Rob created Codestars. Together, the instructors that make up the Codestars team create courses on all the topics that students want to learn in the way that students want to learn them: courses that are well-structured, super interactive, and easy to understand. Codestars wants to make it as easy as possible for learners of all ages and levels to build functional websites and apps.
Hi, I'm Jose! I love helping students learn to code and master software development. I've been teaching online for over 7 years, and I founded Teclado to bring software development to everyone—my objective is for you to truly understand everything that goes on behind the scenes.
Coding is extremely rewarding. As you learn, things start to click and make sense. You can join the dots of all the things that weren't quite clear before. I'm here to make that journey quick and painless!
Teclado was founded by best-selling instructor Jose Salvatierra to bring software development to everyone. We create and develop great, informative, and fun courses for you to advance your career and acquire new skills.
Excellent quality, superb student support, and on-demand topics mark our courses. We hope to see you on the inside!