Complete Portrait and Figure Drawing (step-by-step)
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Draw the figure or portrait from life or photographs.
- No previous knowledge necessary. Materials are toned paper, carbon pencils (Wolff), and white chalk.
In this course I review the basics of figure and portrait drawing in terms of gesture, action lines, foreshortening, value, edges, and details of the features. With the modified version of the "Reilly" technique used here, the subscriber/student will learn to draw a full figure or portrait in under 45 minutes from life or photographs on toned paper with less than six values using carbon pencils and white pastel chalk. To aid in learning this technique, two complete drawings (figure and portrait) are demonstrated with running description of the drawing process throughout.
- Anyone interested in learning to draw starting with the action and gesture of the model.
Initial elements of figure drawing including the gesture, large/small action lines, large shapes relative to each other, and negative space to position limbs.