Complete Next.js Developer in 2022: Zero to Mastery
What you'll learn
- Build REAL enterprise level NextJS applications and deploy to production
- Learn to build reactive, performant, large scale applications like a senior developer
- Learn the latest features and tools in the NextJS ecosystem including, SWR (React Hooks), Hasura, Serverless Functions, Vercel, Framer Motion + more
- Learn the different rendering techniques: static site generation, server side rendering, incremental static regeneration, hydration, etc...
- Using GraphQL as a NextJS Developer
- Become the top 10% NextJS Developer
- Set up authentication and user accounts (including password-less login!)
- Using Airtable (which is exploding in popularity) to build full stack applications
- Learn about SEO and how to use NextJS to have your applications rank on Google
- Master the latest ecosystem of a NextJS Developer from scratch
- Learn to lead Next JS projects by making good architecture decisions and helping others on your team
- You do not need any experience with React or any other JS framework! We even provide introductory React lectures as an option!
Just released with all the latest Next.js features for 2022! Join a live online community of over 600,000+ developers and a course taught by industry experts that have actually worked with Next.js both in Silicon Valley and Toronto. Ankita is also a regular speaker and lecturer at all the Next.js and React conferences.
Using the latest version of Next.js, this course is focused on efficiency. Never spend time on confusing, out of date, incomplete tutorials anymore. Graduates of Andrei’s courses are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, + other top tech companies for a reason.
We guarantee you this is the most comprehensive online resource on Next.js and React. This project based course will introduce you to all of the modern toolchain of a Next.js developer in 2022. Along the way, we will build a massive Netflix Clone application using React Hooks, Hasura (GraphQL), Context API, Airtable, Serverless Functions, Framer Motion, Vercel + more. This is going to be a full stack app unlike what you see in most "easy" tutorials online!
The curriculum is going to be very hands on as we walk you from start to finish of releasing a professional Next.js project all the way into production. We will start from the very beginning by teaching you Next.js fundamentals, and then going into advanced topics so you can make good decisions on architecture and tools on any of your future NextJS projects.
All code is going to be provided step by step, and even if you don’t like to code along, you will get access to the the full master project code so anyone signed up for the course will have their own project to put on their portfolio right away.
This is what the course will cover:
1. Next.js Fundamentals
Comparing Next.js with React, and learning about the benefits that Next.js offers. You will understand why Next.js has gained so much popularity and what JAM Stack is all about. This section will build the foundation you need for the rest of the course.
2. Build your first Next.js app | Coffee Connoisseur
We will be building the first project right away. This 1st one mainly teaches the fundamentals of Next.js. This section focuses on setting up the project, teaching fundamentals such as css modules, fast refresh, how the project is setup, etc...
3. Routing with Next.js | Coffee Connoisseur
You will learn everything about routing such as dynamic routes, index routes, named routes, Link component.
4. Styling in Next.js | Coffee Connoisseur
This section will teach you how to style your applications using css modules, separate components styles, and global styles.
5. Hydration, SEO and Different Rendering Techniques in Next.js
This is one of the most important section of the course. The section will teach you about what SEO is, how Next.js helps with SEO, what the different rendering techniques are such as: static site generation, server side rendering, incremental static regeneration (and how they are different), client side rendering, and what is hydration.
6. Static Coffee Store Pages | Coffee Connoisseur
Students will learn about static rendering in detail and how to choose what to statically render. You will make API requests to Foursquare and rendering those using SSG.
7. Coffee stores by Location | Coffee Connoisseur
Next.js allows you to use different fallbacks when you choose to statically render. This section will talk about that in depth and you will also learn how to retrieve users location and use the Context API.
8. Serverless functions | Coffee Connoisseur
What are serverless functions? Why do we use them and when? You will be creating serverless functions for retrieving static coffee stores.
9. Store Coffee Store using Airtable | Coffee Connoisseur
You will learn about database storage using Airtable. We will be storing the coffee store data in Airtable and will learn client side rendering here.
10. SWR with Client Side Rendering | Coffee Connoisseur
What is SWR? When to use it? We will be using the Next.js library for SWR, and using SWR and client side rendering in this section.
11. Deployment and Build Optimization | Coffee Connoisseur
Deploy your app to Vercel as well as Netlify. You will learn what the different cloud providers are and how Vercel is different, what is Lighthouse, and how to improve our performance in Next.js.
12. Project Setup | Netflix with Next.js
This is a big one! You will start to set up for the final project. This section is about setting up our Netflix project.
13. Netflix Home Page and Video | Netflix with Next.js
You will build the home page and use server side rendering. You will learn how to server render content, and we will also invoke the YouTube API to get a list of videos and display on the home page. Card component is complex in Netflix so you will also learn some framer motion to build the card component.
14. Authentication with Magic | Netflix with Next.js
How does Auth works in Next.js? We will be using passwordless login in Next and build the login page with proper authentication and validation.
15. Incremental Static Regeneration | Netflix with Next.js
Display the videos on the home page and use ISR to build the modal as a page. You will learn more about incremental static generation to build this modal.
16. Hasura GraphQL | Netflix with Next.js
You will learn what is GraphQL, Hasura, and how Hasura architecture looks like. We will be setting up the project with the Hasura environment.
17. Authentication with Hasura | Netflix with Next.js
You will learn how auth flow architecture works, and introduce server side SDK to log the user in.
18. Ratings service and Favourited Videos Page | Netflix with Next.js
You will setup Hasura for ratings service, create ratings API to like and dislike videos, and build the my list page to show a list of favourited YouTube videos.
19. Deploying to Production | Netflix with Next.js
Create the final GitHub repo, setup the repo, and finally deploy to Vercel!
20. Appendix: Introduction to React
An optional section for those that need a primer on React.js and React Hooks to get you ready to fully get the most out of this course.
We guarantee you this is the best course out there on Next.js.
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you are done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another tutorial. No! This course will push you and challenge you to go from an absolute beginner in Next.js to someone that is in the top 10% of Next.js and React developers. We guarantee it.
See you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Students who are interested in going beyond a normal "beginner" tutorial
- Programmers who want to learn the most in demand skill of a web developer
- Developers that want to be in the top 10% of NextJS Developers
- Students who want to gain experience working on a scalable large application
- Bootcamp or online tutorial graduates that want to go beyond the basics
- Students who want to learn from real industry experts, not just another online instructor that teaches off of documentation
Andrei is the instructor of some of the highest rated programming and technical courses online and is the founder of ZTM Academy known for having some of the best instructors and tech education in the world. His graduates have moved on to work for some of the biggest tech companies around the world like Apple, Google, Tesla, Amazon, JP Morgan, IBM, UNIQLO etc... He has been working as a senior software developer in Silicon Valley and Toronto for many years, and is now taking all that he has learned, to teach programming skills and to help you discover the amazing career opportunities that being a developer allows in life.
Having been a self taught programmer, he understands that there is an overwhelming number of online courses, tutorials and books that are overly verbose and inadequate at teaching proper skills. Most people feel paralyzed and don't know where to start when learning a complex subject matter, or even worse, most people don't have $20,000 to spend on a coding bootcamp. Programming skills should be affordable and open to all. An education material should teach real life skills that are current and they should not waste a student's valuable time. Having learned important lessons from working for Fortune 500 companies, tech startups, to even founding his own business, he is now dedicating 100% of his time to teaching others valuable software development skills in order to take control of their life and work in an exciting industry with infinite possibilities.
Andrei promises you that there are no other courses out there as comprehensive and as well explained. He believes that in order to learn anything of value, you need to start with the foundation and develop the roots of the tree. Only from there will you be able to learn concepts and specific skills(leaves) that connect to the foundation. Learning becomes exponential when structured in this way.
Taking his experience in educational psychology and coding, Andrei's courses will take you on an understanding of complex subjects that you never thought would be possible.
See you inside the courses!
Ankita has over 10 years of Software Development experience that started with helping small businesses develop apps. Currently she is a Senior Engineering Manager at WealthSimple where she is leading multiple teams and helping define the future of fin tech in Canada. She also worked at one of the biggest e-commerce company in Canada as a Tech Lead where she modernized the e-commerce experience for Shoppers Drugs Mart.
Previously, she was a Solution Architect at Rangleio and Lead Developer at IBM Garage where she architected and scaled many web and mobile applications for clients using React, GraphQL and React Native. She loves public speaking and has spoken at several conferences worldwide, which has also allowed her to pursue her passion for travel ✈️
Ankita has taken a lot of applications to production and scaled them. Ankita has also given more than 15 conference talks worldwide at conferences like React Europe, React Amsterdam, Apollo GraphQL Summit and lots more.
Learn on your schedule. Our comprehensive courses have 600+ hours (and counting!) of lessons available 24/7. You’ll learn everything from beginner programming fundamentals to the most advanced concepts.
Build your portfolio. Unlike most online courses and free tutorials, you’ll be using everything you learn to build complex, professional, real-world projects and your own professional portfolio.
Grow your network. Find your next opportunity, get that key introduction, even meet a co-founder. Someone in our thriving and supportive ZTM community is always online and willing to lend a hand.
Get hired. You’ll gain the knowledge, confidence, and experience you need to ace interviews and receive offers from any company you can imagine.
Get promoted, become top 10%. Our intermediate and advanced courses help you continue to build your skills, advance you to senior roles, and get you recognized as one of the best in your field.
Never stop growing. We regularly release new courses and add new content to existing courses to make sure you get the most up-to-date information and stay ahead of the curve.