The Complete Musician - Practical Music and Audio Skills
What you'll learn
- Learn how to write, record and master your music with practical, easy-to-understand concepts.
- Included is a monthly Zoom session for all students. Send me your questions, and I'll broadcast the answers!
- Learn practical music theory.
- Learn how to listen with a recording engineer’s ear.
- Learn from a pro: how to record drums piano guitar (electric and acoustic) bass, horns, woodwinds, strings, percussion, and vocals
- Practice skills to improve your playing and enhance your music goals.
- Practice skills to improve your mixes.
- Learn how to protect your music with copyright fundamentals.
- A love of music with a desire to know more! Some prior audio experience is helpful, but not neccesary! Access to a computer with music and audio software.
Welcome to my online course, The Complete Musician!
Step by step guidance from your first note to your final mix!
My name is Dave Kowal and I have a professional career in music, recording, producing, and composing music.
I'll share 50 years of professional music and audio production methods, with tips gained from real-world experience. The 53 lectures contain 6 hours of video content, audio downloads and pdf's.
Students from all over the world agree, this is a 5 star course that will teach you everything from:
* basic music theory
* how to use your own space to get professional results
* copyright basics
* using all the audio tools at your fingertips, EQ,
* compression, spatial effects
* mixing and mastering!
In addition to 6 hours of lectures, the course content also contains downloadable .zip files, with over 70 videos, and 30 audio files, including videos for practice, files to mix, music to improvise with and more, all found in the Resources section!
All of the subjects are taught with real-world experience and include every phase of music-making. You will learn practical knowledge of music theory basics, composition, and live recording. I will teach you all I've learned about mixing, mastering, and distributing. When you finish the successful completion of this course, you will have learned the skills that make you a Complete Musician!
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Who this course is for:
- Music Educators
- Music Producers
- Sound mixers
I have the practical, hands-on experience that can only be gained by actually doing the work that I teach.
I’ve played classical, jazz, rock, blues, and every genre in between as a session player, composer and music producer, and I’ve worked in the audio business since the days of tape and vinyl.
You will benefit and learn from my lifetime of professional experience, teaching you step-by-step the skills I’ve learned to make the music you hear in your head come to life.
I am a composer based in Los Angeles and I spend my day writing music, mixing new music, and creating new ways to teach what I've learned. My experience working on hundreds of TV shows and mixing every style of music is at your fingertips.
My teaching credentials include teaching at Berklee College of Music and Harvard-Westlake School. The real-world experience of owning and operating a professional music production studio in Boston; and working as the audio supervisor on the Golden Globes adds to my ability to teach you "the real deal."
And on the business side of music, my publishing company has been in business for 27 years!
In short, if you want to learn the skills you need to become a Complete Musician, you’ve come to the right place. I look forward to seeing – and hearing – you succeed!
All my best,