Complete Monitoring & Evaluation Software Development Guide
What you'll learn
- Learn the application and importance of IT & software solutions to Project Monitoring & Evaluation so the implementation will be easy, interesting and a walk through
- Learn how to study and analyze project plans and framework so the monitoring & evaluation process can be interpreted and integrated easily into the software design and development
- Learn how to design and develop data models and logic flow so the systems dataflow circle will be well structured
- Learn how to create MySQL database and link it to your application
- Learn how to design and develop project monitoring and evaluation data entry and update forms and report pages so users can add, edit and manage field data’s and make reports available for all stakeholders
- Learn how to design and develop user login & logout forms so user access and privileges will be well managed
- Learn how to create user groups and assign users to these groups for better access management
- Learn how to write and read elementary CSS codes so user interface designs that need CSS skills will be easily handled
- Learn how to create a site in Dreamweaver
- Learn the importance and application of Database Normalization to software development
- Know and understand the importance of web application to modern day businesses
- Appreciate the importance of web application to project monitoring and evaluation
- Know or be willing to learn how to analyze, interpret and design systems to be able to understand and translate project reports from paper design to finished work
- Be willing to learn new things with regards to web application
In this course, you will learn all the basic skills to design and deploy a comprehensive Web based Monitoring & Evaluation Software Solution for your organization.
Web based software solutions are helping organizations keep up with their daily projects. A number of organizations are not there yet due to the cost of implementation. But in this course, we are going to see how easy it is to actually design, develop and deploy a complete and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation software system.
Paper-based monitoring and evaluation process have a number of limitations, although they are very easy to create and organizations already have the skills and tools they need to create them. They don’t deliver as at when due.
Besides the Paper-based solution, the use of MS Excel has also been adopted and is widely used by development professionals. As a result, it’s easy for them to dive straight in without extra training.
As earlier mentioned, there are clear visible problems with these methods. Capturing data on paper and then collating various spreadsheets is time consuming and prone to error. Managers also don’t have clear oversight into what is happening in real-time. Monitoring & Evaluation indicators are only available after all the data has been entered, compiled and analyzed. This means that if there are any issues, management might not realize until they receive a 6 monthly report. It also means that decisions will be made by management based on outdated data.
But with the web based monitoring and evaluation solution, the reverse will be the case. Organizations will be able to
- Collect their project monitoring data as close to source as possible.
- Access real-time updates on specific projects, review and criticize incorrect data entries.
- View overall and specific project summaries using dashboard charts and tables
- •Convert an entire report with dashboard charts and tables to PDF with a single click of a button
- Feedback useful information to staff, in a timely manner.
- Enable management to make decisions in real time
- Reduce cost on project field visits
- Reduce cost on overall staff manpower
- Increase project transparency and visibility
- Increase trust and accountability
- Do a lot more with less cost.
Who this course is for:
- An IT personal working for an organization involved in Monitoring & Evaluation activities
- An independent web developer who wants to learn and expand their skills
- A Monitoring & Evaluation Project officer who wants to make a positive shift from using the Paper and MS Excel based reporting method to using a web based data entry and reporting method
- IT and Project Consulting Freelancers who want to expand their services by providing web based project Monitoring & Evaluation systems to their clients.
- A Project Manager who wants to make a positive shift from using the Paper and MS Excel based reporting method to using a web based data entry and reporting method
My name is Prince Michael E. Nwuzor, the Chief Consultant of NetDataflow Support Systems Ltd.
My core areas of specialty include Business Analysis, Web Application Development, Training/Facilitation, IT Project Management and Media Content Streaming.
Over the past 10 years, I have worked for a number of companies, designing and developing applications ranging from:
- Vendor Management System
- Social Impact Assessment System
- Church Conference Managements System
- Web Based Patients Medical Portal
- School Fees Management System
- School Admission Registration
- Result Based Project Monitoring & Evaluation System
- Just to mention a few
I am glad to be part of Udemy to share my skill, ideas and potentials with people who are keen to learn just like me.