Complete Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration Course
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will be a professional SQL database administrator and be able to apply for SQL jobs
- Administration of SQL database through Microsoft Windows
- You will learn 150+ SQL queries
- You will be able to troubleshoot everyday SQL related issues
- You will manage SQL servers in a corporate environment
- You will write basic to advance SQL queries
- Troubleshoot everyday SQL database related issues
- Know how to answer specific business questions by using SQL’s aggregate functions
- Students will be able to run reports for management so they can make financial decisions
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Passion to become SQL database administrator
- A PC or MAC with at least 4-8G of RAM
Microsoft SQL Server continues to be one of the world's most popular and top databases. Database is a heart of IT which is needed to stored all critical data and information.
If you want to become SQL database administrator then this is the course for YOU.
This training course will provide you all the necessary skills you need to be a successful database administrator. Plus, this course will prepare you for the SQL Server MCSA certification.
Here is the course outline:
Section 1 - Introduction
Introduction to Database
What is SQL?
Top 5 RDBMS
Introduction to MS SQL Server
Different editions of MS SQL
Section 2 - Download, Install and Configure Windows
MS SQL Server prerequisite
What is virtualization?
Download and Install VMWare Workstation Player
Optional - Download and Install Oracle Virtualbox
Create a Virtual Machine
Download and Install Windows Server
Virtual Machine Management
Section 3 - Download, Install and Configure MS SQL Server
Prerequisites for MSSQL Installation
Download MSSQL and SQL Server Management Studio
Install and Configure MSSQL
Install SQL Server Management Studio
Download and Install AdventureWorks Database
Section 4 - Database Fundamentals and Design
What is Data and Database?
How is data stored?
What is a Table, COLUMN and ROW ?
What is a key? primary, foreign, unique keys etc.
What is Relational Database and Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)?
What is a Transaction and ACID properties?
Database Normalization AND Different forms of Database Normalization
Create your first Database, Table and Populate table with data…
Section 5 - Introduction to SQL Commands
Welcome to Basic SQL Commands
What is a SQL Statement and types of SQL statements
DML Statement with examples
DDL Statements with examples
DCL Statement with examples
TCL Statement with examples
Section 6 - Query and Manipulation of Data using SQL
Create TABLE(s) and Temp Table(s)
What Is a View?
SELECT Statement in detail
Operators, Expressions and Conditions
WHERE Clause, ORDER BY, HAVING BY, GROUP BY Clause
Select from two tables – JOINS
Different Types of JOINS
What is a Sub Query?
INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and Truncate Statements
What is a Store Procedure?
Function, Trigger and INDEX
Clustered ,Non-clustered Indexes and Index Design considerations
Index Fragmentation and Lab for Index
Section 7 - Microsoft SQL Database Administration
Overview of MSSQL Management Tools
Exploring SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Exploring SQL Server Configuration Manager
MSSQL System Databases, DO's and DONT's of System databases
What is master, etmpdb, msdb and other system databases?
Section 8 - Deep Dive into MSSQL Working
What are Pages , Extents, Page Architecture and PFS?
MSSQL Database Architecture
Operation and working of transaction log
Configuring user Database
Best practices while creating user Database
Section 9 - MSSQL Backup and Restore
Backup of a Database, Importance for DBA and Different Media used for Backups
Recovery Models in MSSQL and how that impact backups an restore
Full and differential backups
Transaction Log Backups, Log Backup Chain and Tail-log Backup
Lab for Full, Differential and Transaction Log Backups
Restore and Recovery Overview
Full, Differential and Transaction Log database restore
Point in time restore of a database
Complete Backup , Restore and Restore in Time Lab
MS SQL Server DBCC CHECKDB command
Page Level Restore / Recovery using Full Backups
Creating Maintenance Plan Backups/Re-indexing etc.
Section 10 - MSSQL User Management
MSSQL Security Model
MSSQL Server Authentication Modes
Permissions (GRANT , DENY, and REVOKE)
Section 11 - MSSQL Server Agent Management
SQL Server Agent Introduction
SQL Server Agent Jobs and Schedules
Section 12 - Advanced SQL Server Administration Topics
High Availability and its Types
What Is Replication and Transactional Replication
Transactional Replication Setup (LAB)
Log Shipping and Configuring Log Shipping
SQL Server Encryption and Encryption Types
Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and configuration
Section 13 - Course Re-cap
Commands we have learned
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start a career in SQL database administration
- Anyone who wants to have complete SQL database training to get a job in IT
- Anyone who wants to advance his/her career
- Anyone who wants to master the SQL command line skills
- College students
- IT professionals
- Teachers and instructors
- Anyone who want to get certified in MCSA and MTA certification
Imran Afzal has over 20 years of experience in Systems administration/engineering, leadership, entrepreneurship, training, and public speaking.
Currently Imran manages a large team of systems engineers, administrators and team leads globally. He started his career with Time Warner (New York City) in 2000 as a systems administrator. That is where he began his IT career.
He has utilized IT skills in many fortune 500 companies such as financial firm, fashion industry, tech media industry etc. He spearheaded projects like datacenter migration, introduction and deployment of VMWare, monitoring tools implementation, Amazon cloud migration and many more.
Imran earned his bachelor’s in Computer Information Systems from Baruch College, City University of New York as an honor student. He earned his Master of Business Administration (MBA) from New York Institute of Technology (NYIT).
Some of his certifications are in Linux Systems Management, UNIX Operating Systems, Linux System Administration, System Internals, VMWare Certified Professional, RHCSA and Windows Server Certified
Imran has been training since 2010 and provides onsite and online training on many IT subjects. He has some of the bestselling and highest rated online courses with over 300,000 students worldwide. He has helped almost 1000+ students to land a job of their dream in IT.
He believes in education and giving back. He also established a non-profit school for children from pre-K till 10th grade.
Here is what students have to say:
Hi Imran, I have completed this course twice. It was more than just wonderful. It proved to be life changer for me, I had zero knowledge about Linux and now i am working as Linux SysAdmin as i have acquired my dream job.
Thank you so much for the wonderful course. I am looking forward to see some more exciting courses from you.
Regards, -- Hasan Raza
To all of you that are looking for a REALLY GOOD LINUX course, THIS IS IT, SERIOUSLY I promise you won't find a course on LINUX here that is THIS GOOD. -- T.J. Marstiller
Hi Imran, I am so glad to inform you that i got two offers as a Linux engineer. Through your course I gained lot of confidence and your interview tips really helped me a lot to crack the technical rounds. I have recommended your courses to my friends as well. Thank you so much for your efforts in sharing your knowledge to learners like us. -- Subhasree
Hi Sir Imran,
Greetings to you. I am writing this email to give good feedback regarding your course materials that I have watched from Udemy. I have completed your Linux course and I would like to mention that it has been nothing but awesome. Your course has allowed me to obtain a Linux certification and I would like to give a big thanks you for that. Please continue what you're doing and I wish you the very best. -- Yusuf Ishkandersha
Imran is a very knowledgeable and engaging instructor. As others have said, you can tell that he is not just trying to sell a course, but that he is invested in giving his students a strong career foundation with a positive and approachable attitude. He is also entertaining with his use of pop culture and practical work examples. It really feels like you're in a classroom with him. I'm taking this course mainly as a hobbyist, but got a lot from it already. The homework assignments, quizzes, and handouts help reinforce the material. -- Raymond B.
- Main thing about course is its simplicity and the hierarchy. Design is very good and easy which helps to understand things better. -- Akash Garg (Udemy Student)
- I just love the teaching ad the learning experience I am getting -- Jacob Samba (Udemy Student)
- Imran Afzal might be my favorite teacher I've EVER had. He is funny, and engaging. The course was easy to follow, and with no experience starting I am now extremely comfortable with Linux, and actually really like it. He does make you do your googles, but this is not a bad thing especially considering the nature of IT and documentation to solve your own problems. I highly recommend. -- Vanessa Diaz-Goumond (Udemy Student)
- The course is run very well and I really like the handouts and the homework that is assigned. The homework helps me learn and continue with the learning process even when adult life is still progressing forward. -- Thomas Rogers (Udemy Student)
- Such an amazing instructor. Imran must have put in a lot of effort in structuring the course and taking the student step by step, he takes his time in explaining everything, from what Linux is, how to down load it, coding, etc. I have taken other courses from Imran. I am a student for life. Keep it up and please keep preparing more courses for please like us who can benefit from your way of teaching, knowledge and experience. Thank you. -- Ali Shiekh (Udemy Student)
- In the first place I say a big thank you to the instructor for making such a great course. I was afraid to learn Linux. I now feel very comfortable with Linux. I have understood both the concept behind and the practical as well. I would recommend every one who is NEW to Linux and wants to grab it once and for all without wasting time to go ahead and ERNOLL. You will not regret it. I would like the instructor to do same for WINDOWS SERVER ADMIN., I don't seem to find any better and beginner oriented course out there that could be matched with this course. To me, it is the BEST Linux Course on Online. I just started some real world projects with Linux after this great course, I was new to Linux and in just a month I am on the command line always playing. -- Opoku Bright (Udemy Student)
- I genuinely look forward to additional courses in the future. This has been so informative. You hear the name oracle all the time, but this was well put in layman’s terms -- Atoofa Hasan (Classroom Student)
- Imran Afzal eats, breathes and sleeps Linux! He really knows his stuff. I feel like he has brought me from a novice level education to masters level in a short time period. Anyone who is looking to get a job in Linux should definitely take this course. -- TJ Walker (Mentor)
- I find it very easy to understand & learn Linux. Even if you are beginner in Linux you will understand the material. Imran has done a great job explaining every topic in detail in each course. This course has provided me with a great deal of knowledge about Linux. This course is worth every penny of yours. -- Mohammad Jalani (Classroom Student)
I am working in IT since 2005 in various roles , I started my career as System Engineer and later worked as a developer. Couple of years after working as .net developer I finally changed my career to be Data Base Administrator which was my specialization in my MS . I did MS in CS from CUNY. In last 15 years I have worked with Government and Private organization in different capacities mostly working on Data Base administration and development.