Complete Mendeley Course for Researchers & Students
What you'll learn
- build their personal libraries both on- and offline
- filter their libraries both on- and offline
- use the group function of Mendeley to network with other researchers
- use the search tools to find specific references
- use the filter tools to organise their libraries on- and offline
- use folders to organise their libraries on- and offine
- use Mendeley to cite in Word Documents
- use Mendeley to create bibliographies
- use Mendeley to change the referencing style of a document.
- submit well-referenced academic papers.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of citing and referencing, but it is not compulsory.
The aim of this course is to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and techniques to use the Mendeley referencing system when you are writing academic papers. It is a fantastic tool as you can focus on the content of your academic papers, while Mendeley looks after the references and the referencing style.
I have made 30-90 second videos to guide you to use this referencing tool effectively. As you need only 30-90 seconds to view a lesson, and thus to learn a new skill, you can watch these videos on the go. While you are waiting for a document to download, while you are on a bus, while you are waiting in a doctor's room, while you are waiting for the school to close for the day. But also while you are wondering how to reference a specific resource in your paper.
Research shows that people do not pay attention when videos are too long. I prefer to put the focus on you, my students, rather than being the sage on the stage.
I do not use anything else as I do not have time to struggle with references, I prefer to focus on the content of my academic papers.
Please note that Mendeley have made changes since the course have been published online. I am busy with new video material to include these changes.
Who this course is for:
- Any student, faculty member, author, and person who wants to learn how to use the Mendeley referencing manager to cite references, create bibliographies and change the referencing style of their papers.
I hold a PhD in Science and Technology Education and I am specifically interested in the various ways technologies can be used to support the continuing professional development of teachers. I have published several academic papers focusing on the continuing professional development of teachers. I am the director of Arendsig Academy, a business I have started to create cost-effective learning experiences for teachers to allow them to collect professional development points.