The Complete LPI Security Essentials Exam Study Guide
What you'll learn
- Cover all the objectives for the LPI Security Essentials certification and be ready to take the exam
- Understand the basics of networking and connectivity
- Understand the basics of web encryption and email encryption
- Understand the basics of privacy protection, application security,
- Understand the basics of risk assessment and malware defence
- Understand the responsibilities that come with digital citizenship
- Be ready to make an informed decision about whether to step up to a career in digital security
- There are no specific prerequisite skills, but it will be helpful to have hands-on experience with computers, internet connectivity, and online services.
The Complete LPI Security Essentials Exam Study Guide is the perfect course for individuals who are looking to protect their digital lives. With our increasing dependence on technology, we desperately need to be aware of all the many potential security threats that can harm our digital identities, computing systems, networks, and services. This course will guide you through your preparations for taking the LPI Security Essentials certification exam. But it will also provide a comprehensive understanding of the main security threats that individuals face and teach the best practices to prevent and mitigate them.
By the end of the course, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to protect yourself and your digital assets from potential security breaches. This certification will be your guide to digital self-defense, and this course will get you there.
The course includes:
More than two hours of videos
More than 75 practice questions
Complete coverage of the exam objectives
By the way, it's true that "LPI" stands for "Linux Professional Institute", but this certification is actually platform-neutral and is not specific to Linux. Everything you learn here will apply just as much to Windows, macOS, Android, and IPhones as to Linux. While the LPI's historical origins have been Linux-based, they're now leveraging their considerable experience with highly successful certification programs in new areas.
In case you're wondering, the LPI Security Essentials certification isn't in the exact same market as the Comptia Security+ cert. That one is focused on IT professionals looking to advance their careers in the security sector. The LPI Security Essentials is primarily aimed at individual users who want to secure their own devices and online interactions. But that doesn't mean there isn't some overlap between the two certs. In fact, learning through the LPI Security Essentials objectives will be an excellent first step towards taking on the Comptia Security+ challenge. And it's also a great way to see if you've got the interest and determination to push yourself that far.
So protect yourself AND take the first formal steps towards a new career. Why not?
Who this course is for:
- Individual consumers looking to protect themselves from the risks of digital connectivity
- Individuals looking to write and pass the LPI Security Essentials certification exam
- Individuals considering embarking on a career in digital security
David Clinton is an AWS solutions architect and Linux server administrator. He has written about and published training content (including books with Wiley/Sybex, Bootstrap IT, and Manning, and online courses on Udemy and Pluralsight) for many cutting edge technology subjects including Linux systems, Cloud Computing (in particular Amazon's AWS), container technologies like Kubernetes, data analytics, and DevOps tools. More than 60,000 of his books are currently in circulation and his video courses have been viewed by more than a half a million students...just like you!