Complete jQuery and AJAX Programming Curriculum
- Google Chrome installed on your computer
- A code editor installed on your computer (an open source editor such as ATOM is fine)
Beginning with a fundamental understanding of what jQuery is and why you should work with it, you will learn the basics of this versatile library as you are guided through the creation of a responsive website which features a shop page and responsive form.
You will learn
- How to work with selection to search for elements (by elements, or by class)
- Traversing – a more efficient way of finding elements than the CSS selectors
- How to work with events
- Incorporating simple animations to improve the user experience
- Manipulating the DOM through dynamically created objects
- Using AJAX to asynchronously load and post information to a local or remote server
- Anyone interested in creating rich, successful and professional-grade web applications
- Source Files
- Additional Resources
- Setting up Project Files
- Document Ready
- HTML and Text
- Select by ID
- Select by Class
- Selecting Inputs
- First, Last, Next, Prev
- Click Event
- Event Delegation
- Change Event
- Keydown vs. Keyup
- Prevent Default
- Setting Up Store Items
- Creating Items Dynamically
- Removing Elements
- Toggle Visibility
- Fade and Slide
- Loading JSONs
- Post Calls
- Checkbox Form
- Form Post
- Content Review
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 400,000 learn to code.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by 500,000+ learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy.