What you'll learn
- Understand the Document Object Model (DOM)
- Manipulate Web Page Components using the DOM
- Learn to Compute and Work with Arithmetic Operators
- Learn to Work with Arrays including Multi Dimensional Arrays
- Learn to Splice, Sort, and Join Arrays
- Learn to Embed jQuery Library into Web Development Projects
- Explore jQuery Syntax and Selectors
- Learn to Work with jQuery Events
- Learn to Toggle Components in jQuery
- Learn to Animate Objects in jQuery
- Learn to Work with Callback Functions in jQuery
- Learn how to Build Interactive Navigation Components in jQuery
- Learn the Get Content Method in jQuery
- Learn to Build Front-End UI Elements using React Library
- Explore the Foundations of React
- Understand the Tools Required for React Projects
- Learn to use Code Pen for Testing Front-End Development Projects
- Learn to work with Components, Props, and Callbacks in React
- Learn to work with Events and the React State Hook
- Learn to Debug React Projects
- Learn Global, Dynamic, and Inline Styling of React UI Components
- Work with the React Key Property, and React Lifecycle Events
- Learn Conditional Rendering in React
- Deploy React Projects to Netlify, and Surge
- Learn the Foundations of JSON Server and Fetch API
- Learn to Build a Calculator, Connect-4 Clone, and a Fully Customized E-Commerce Site in React
- Understand React Router
- Build an E-Commerce Search Feature using React
- Learn to Validate Forms in React
- No programming experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Knowledge of HTML & CSS
The React section of this course starts off with a hands-on project where you’ll learn how to work with functional React components, props, Callback functions, OnClick Events, and the React State hook to build a fully functional calculator. From there we will dive into project number two, where you will build a connect-4 clone. Here we will cover more intermediate concepts including passing props, destructuring, passing arguments to click events, various styling methods, and handling callbacks. You will also learn about the React key property, React lifecycle events, and conditional rendering. By the end you will have built a complete multi and single player connect-4 game board with built-in AI capabilities.
In the final section of the course we further unleash the power of React by building out a complete e-commerce site with multiple product categories, a product showcase, shopping cart feature, and much more. Here, we introduce a number of integral new concepts including: JSON server, Fetch API, and installing React router. These essential building blocks will be used to render the product categories, style the product list, and configure the product details page. From there we dive into styled components, refactoring the shop layout, and exploring the concept of “context” in React. In the final stages of the project students will configure the shopping cart basket, and the checkout feature. We will also implement a product search feature, followed by in-depth exercises on validating input forms in React.
As you can see this course covers a tremendous bit of ground. Best of all it’s co-authored by Tim Maclachlan - a renowned senior full-stack developer with over 20 years of commercial development experience. As a multi-faceted developer, Tim specializes in algorithmic, analytical and mobile development. To date, he’s written hundreds of applications and worked in a number of industries from commercial aviation and military, to banking and finance. Tim has a genuine passion for teaching others how to become better coders and looks forward to interacting with his students.
With that said, we hope you’re just as excited about this course as we are, if so - hit that enroll button and let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in Building Interactive UI Components using React and jQuery
YouAccel was founded in 2015 with the mission to be one of the most interactive e-learning platforms on the web. YouAccel is now a leading provider in online training, serving a global audience of over 2 million passionate learners. This includes 6+ Million enrollments, across 50 best-selling courses. YouAccel offers courses across numerous industries from Programming & IT to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction. The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Taking the experience to a new personalized level, free support is available to all students who register for a course. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
YouAccel strongly believes that the future of online learning will be through open community-based initiatives, where everyone’s voice is equally heard. This is exactly what YouAccel strives to achieve – an inclusive environment, where students have control over the direction of course content. YouAccel courses are continuously updated based on feedback from students and engaged community members. YouAccel instructors encourage communication at every step of the learning process. To date, hundreds of contributors around the globe have invested both time and resources, to ensure YouAccel courses meet the highest level of quality. YouAccel instructors are world renowned and many of them have been featured in mainstream publications such as Forbes, Mashable, Entrepreneur, and PBS among others.