Complete IT Support Specialist Course: IT Foundations
What you'll learn
- IT Support
- How to Build a Desktop
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Character Encoding
- Layers of Computing
- Customer Service Skills
- Intro to Programs
- System Software
- Process Management
- Files and Filesystems
- This course is for complete beginners, so all you need is a willingness to learn
- It's a bonus if you have an old computer to practice
This is part one of a five part course that’s designed to provide a comprehensive education on all the major aspects of an IT Support Specialist. By the end of this series you’ll have all the skills required to qualify for an entry level position. In this course you will learn a skill set that you can build on throughout this series of courses or continue your education in a more traditional setting. Either way, this course will provide you with a rock solid foundation for building up your mastery of IT Support.
We’ll be covering the basic skills of Binary, System Administration, Operating Systems, Networking, and Security. In subsequent courses, we’ll be going in depth in all of these major aspects. We’ll be focusing specifically on an IT help desk, but the knowledge and skills learned here have a broad scope of application within the field.
By the end of this first course, you'll be able to understand how a computer thinks and communicates using binary, what abstraction is and how to apply it to your work, troubleshooting skills and techniques and how to best apply them. We'll break down the hardware part by part and learn how they all function and work together to create a operational machine. We'll also be doing breakdowns on Software, Operating Systems, and how to troubleshoot issues. How to install software, how to install Operating Systems, like Windows, and how to build a desktop from scratch. You'll also gain the skills for strong documentation, how to manage computers, what a network is and how it functions and a whole lot more!
In addition, you'll learn How to properly interact with customers, and coworkers in an IT environment and be able to utilize powerful problem solving skills and how to implement effective solutions. These core concepts will be the foundation for everything and provide you with the understanding that you’ll need to learn more complicated aspects of IT Support.
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners or people who want to expand their IT knowledge
- Someone who wants a strong foundational knowledge in IT
- People who want to learn to build their own computer and be more tech savvy and self reliant
- Those who can't afford a more traditional education, but still want a strong reliable launching point for IT skills
- Anyone who wants to improve their digital skills to be more competitive in the modern job market
- People who have dabbled in IT, but want a more structured education to fill in knowledge gaps
- Anyone who wants to gain the skills to build a stable and rewarding career in tech
I am a Hardworking IT Support Specialist who is passionate about teaching. I'm certified through Google, but this is my first ever course, so I'm excited to share with you and gain your feedback so I can learn and grow alongside you.
I have a soft spot in my heart for those of you who are less technically minded, because I once counted myself among you.
I know that if you put hard work into learning these skills that you can excel and I look forward to helping you in any way I can and guiding you to an exciting career!