Complete Irish Tenor Banjo Course | Beginner to Advanced
What you'll learn
- Learn important picking technique. How to hold the pick/plectrum, where to position the hand when playing.
- Learn how to play with correct pick pattern (When to do a downwards or upwards pick)
- Learn how to play intermediate techniques such as melodic variation, triplets, double stops and chords, how to play two triplets together
- Learn how to play advanced techniques such as stuttered triplets, playing up the octave, connecting variations, chromatic note variations, chord tone variations
- Students will need a 4 string tenor banjo or any instrument tuned in 5ths such as the mandolin, mandola, bouzouki, tenor guitar
This 6 week, professionally recorded and edited, comprehensive almost 6 hour Irish tenor banjo course is designed to take your banjo playing to the next level! The course is broken up into 6 weeks with each week broken into 3 stages:
Stage 1 : Beginner
Stage 2 : Intermediate Techniques
Stage 3 : Advanced/Pro Techniques
The Beginner stage is the foundation, this is where you will learn how to play Irish traditional tunes with good technique and correct rhythm. This will set you up to move into the Intermediate Stage where you will learn amazing techniques such as triplets, hammer-ons, chords double stops and lots more to embellish your tunes. For the Advanced players I have included some of my favourite Pro techniques to amaze your fans at your next gig such as playing up the neck, bluesy variations, string bending and playing multiple triplets together!
This course goes far beyond learning tunes, it is a complete course that covers all aspects of Irish tenor banjo playing through some of the best and most popular Irish traditional tunes!
Each lesson comes with on screen notation & downloadable sheet music in ABC, Tab & Notation + audio backing tracks.
Re-watch the lesson as many times as you want, when ever you want!
So if you are serious about taking your Irish tenor banjo playing to the next level, don’t delay enrol now!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for Irish tenor banjo players of all levels. The course is divided into three stages; beginner, intermediate and advanced.
In 2010 David received an Honours Degree in Music specialising in Irish traditional performance.
David has vast experience performing Irish traditional and folk music throughout Ireland as a solo musician, in a variety of 'Trad groups' and bands at events throughout Ireland for over 10 years. Alongside performing, he has taught tenor banjo, mandolin and guitar in his hometown of Athy, Co. Kildare for nearly a decade and tutored for the prestigious Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann. David tutors students who travel from all over Leinster, including counties Kildare, Laois, Carlow, Wexford, Wicklow and Kilkenny for music lessons.
David's notable performances include radio appearances as well as performing Irish traditional music for an international documentary.