Complete Introduction to Cybersecurity 2022
What you'll learn
- High-level overview of cybersecurity concepts, technologies, and principles
- Understand what cybersecurity is and where its implemented
- Cybersecurity Attacks and Defenses
- Hands-on Cyber Attack Demo - A Basic Overview of Password Cracking
- Fundamentals of I.T., including hardware, software, operating systems, and computer networks
- Very basics of malware and viruses
- Very basics of cybersecurity defenses
- Develop a next-step plan to continue your learning journey
- No prerequisites required! Just a willingness to learn!
Welcome to the Complete Introduction to Cybersecurity 2022. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of I.T. while learning the working components of cybersecurity. No prior knowledge or skill is required.
If you are a cybersecurity student, aspiring security professional, security enthusiast or someone intrigued to learn more about the industry, this course will provide a springboard for you to learn the basics. As a current cybersecurity student, I know exactly what type of questions, doubts, and thoughts you are experiencing. Through dedicated time, self-study, and industry experience, I learned what types of concepts and skills lacked in the academic industry.
Whether you are a complete beginner to I.T. or the security side of I.T., this course will offer a launchpad for you to learn the foundational concepts, skills, and direction for you to get started in cybersecurity.
Starting from scratch, you will get up and running with the very basics of I.T. We will cover the working components of hardware, software, and operating systems, and computer networks. Once we have the basics completed, we will transition into the security side of I.T., understanding why hackers attack, what types of attacks are used, and the different types of malware. Finally, we will cover the types of cybersecurity defenses, including general defenses and advanced tools / technologies.
In this course, we will cover:
1. What Cybersecurity is and how its implemented
2. The Domains of Cybersecurity
3. I.T. Basics, including hardware, software, operating systems, computer networks, and cloud concepts.
4. Cybersecurity attacks, including network, social engineering, physical attacks, and types malware.
5. Cybersecurity defenses, including Firewalls, Next-Gen AV, IDS/IPS, SIEM, and general cybersecurity defenses such as password and patch management.
6. Cybersecurity lab demo, with a practical next-step plan.
At the end of this course, you will have a foundational understanding of I.T. and the basics of cybersecurity, including the different types of what cybersecurity is, where it's implemented, the types of cyber attacks and defenses used throughout the industry.
If you are someone who is struggling to get started in cybersecurity, but eager to learn relevant, updated concepts and skills, then this course will be for you. See you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners who are looking to get started or learn more about the cybersecurity industry.
- Aspiring cybersecurity professionals.
I am an associate cybersecurity engineer. I completed my cybersecurity degree at Southeast Missouri State University. In addition to my university studies, I also have my Security+, AWS Cloud Architect Associate certification. I am a cybersecurity enthusiast who enjoys talking about the industry and its opportunities. I also run community of students and professionals, Cybercademy, where we help each other learn with a practical, hands-on approach.