Complete Introduction to Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
What you'll learn
- Categorize cryptocurrency projects and coins based on their underlying technology and use case.
- Construct templates to analyze cryptocurrency projects based on their fundamental properties.
- Compare and contrast the many types of cryptocurrency wallets available in the space.
- Learn about the many components of the DeFi space including DeFi applications, DAOs, exchanges, and gaming.
- How to compare and use lending protocols in the DeFi space.
- How to analyze blockchain transactions on a block explorer.
- Know how to send and receive cryptocurrency off exchanges and onto your private wallet safely.
- Learn how to set up a cryptocurrency exchange account and wallet.
- Learn how to manage crypto and NFT assets on a cryptocurrency wallet.
- Debate and discuss the merits and inherent value of non-fungible tokens.
- Learn how to sort through social media to assess the impact of trends and news updates on the cryptocurrency space.
- Identify the stages of a market cycle to make the most out of a crypto cycle.
- Learn how to compare the performance of various cryptocurrencies based on a research based statistics.
- Learn how to stake and lend your coins to receive passive income.
- Compare the benefits and downsides of proof-of-work (PoW) mining protocols versus proof-of-stake (PoS) staking protocols.
- No experience or prior knowledge required! Complete beginners to cryptocurrency, finance, and technology are welcome. Feel free to take our FREE intro to cryptocurrency course before taking this one.
In this course we will discuss many aspects of the cryptocurrency and blockchain field, including:
Introduction to coin categorization
How to classify coins based on market capitalization, block chain networks, coins within the Ethereum ecosystem, payment coins, stable coins, and more
Basic coin analysis including how to properly research coin projects
Templates for cryptocurrency research
Overview of decentralized finance
Comparing centralized finance to decentralized finance
Lending and borrowing protocols
Decentralized autonomous organizations
Staking pool operation and delegation
Proof of work vs proof of stake comparisons
Basic account management
How to send and receive cryptocurrency
Private keys, public keys, and addresses
How to use a block explorer
General wallet management and practices
Bear and bull markets
Alt coin cycles
Analysis of the effects of social media and the news
Introduction to non fungible tokens - what they are, how they work, types of NFTs
How to buy and sell NFTs
NFT project analysis
Learn about the world of cryptocurrency in layman's terms without the overly technical jargon from people who have actual experience mining, investing, and trading cryptocurrency and NFTs.
Constructed by professionals at FAL Consulting, this course is THE perfect entry point into the cryptocurrency space. Designed specifically for complete beginners to cryptocurrency and finance, this course has been tested in multiple live classes and is now available on the Udemy platform. At FAL Consulting, we provide users with a wide variety of cryptocurrency consulting services. We have serviced a wide variety of clients from every day retail investors to Wall Street financial firms. Our in house specialists focus in cryptocurrency mining, trading, NFT management and creation, DAO management, cyber security, staking pool operation, and more. You can trust that when partnering with FAL, we have your best interests in mind.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for beginners and people with a basic understanding of cryptocurrency to expand their knowledge regarding the various aspects of the space.
Kevin Edell is a cryptocurrency educator, consultant, and trader. Kevin graduated from CUNY Brooklyn College with a B.A. and advanced certification in education. He has worked in the NYC public school system for 3 years, developing various programs and curriculum for a variety of students and needs. While teaching in public schools, he learned about the intricacies of the cryptocurrency space and the skills necessary to invest and trade crypto. He now uses his invaluable knowledge and experience teaching to share his knowledge of cryptocurrency in a concise and coherent manner.