Complete Guide to Nursing School for Pre-Nursing Students
What you'll learn
- Learn the steps needed to become a nurse.
- Learn what nursing school is like including lectures, labs, simulations, and exams.
- Learn what clinicals are like and tips to avoid failing.
- Learn tips to stand out as a nursing applicant from other candidates.
- Learn how to study and do well in nursing school and on the NCLEX.
- Manage your stress and anxiety for pre-nursing, while in school, and as a nurse.
- Improve your soft skills for more effective communication, time management, and organization.
- Set personal goals and deadlines to get into nursing school and for many years to come.
- Avoid burnout, get inspired and motivated for a rewarding and meaningful nursing career.
- Computer to complete course Assignments
So, you're thinking of becoming a nurse, one of the most honorable and trusted professions in healthcare! But you know it can be difficult to get accepted into a nursing program. Just thinking about it may make you feel uneasy.
Where do I even start?
How do I know if I am doing it right?
Did I miss a crucial step and not even know?
What is nursing school or clinicals like?
Can I raise a child in nursing school?
Will I be able to work as a student? What is the best job?
Does the type of nursing school really matter?
What nursing degree will I need?
What should I do if I don't get in? Or a 2nd, 3rd time?
Why do students fail or drop-out?
What can I do to make myself stand-out and for personal development?
How can I improve my soft skills for the workplace?
How can I be better organized, write-better, and manage my stress?
Yup, we have been there and know that it can be stressful, discouraging, and very overwhelming to research, apply, study, and pass nursing school and the NCLEX board exam.
That's exactly why we put this course together - to address these common questions, concerns, and to clear up any mystery. This course was designed to prepare students for what to expect on their journey to becoming a nurse - from choosing the profession to understanding what the boards are like and everything in between.
What this course IS NOT
Not a guarantee that you will get into nursing school.
Not a guarantee you will do well in clinicals.
Not a guarantee that you will pass the board exam.
Not a watch once and you will become a successful nurse magical course - it takes doing the homework, practice, learning, and reflection.
What this course IS
This course WILL provide you with the knowledge, tips, and tools to better inform you about the process, allow you to make confident decisions, and avoid common mistakes that other nursing students have made - such as a lack of research or preparation.
I know how online learning can be difficult compared to in-person in a classroom, but I will take you on a step-by-step learning experience through engaging and interesting content through the use of visuals and short digestible videos that don't require you to sit for hours at a time. I personally produced these videos myself with my experience as a videographer and editor. This lesson is not just boring PowerPoint slides with low-quality audio cell-phone recording or any distracting filler words or poor lighting. I put 200% into making this course with the collaboration of my colleagues.
Combining insight from practicing Registered Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals with over 8 years of experience in the field, this course contains over 30 chapters of concise and quality content, bonus videos for personal skills and career development, multiple Quizzes and Assignments to test your learning and critical thinking, and additional downloadable resource PDFs. There is even a printable checklist for pre-nursing to help you stay organized and to take action and to be successful!
Your Time and Money is Valuable
Don't waste another minute of your precious time looking on Google or watching poor quality YouTube videos, instructors you don't understand or that have no in-person teaching experience in healthcare and probably just Google'd the scripts.
This instructor of this course has taught EMT skills labs, proctored for competency exams, participated in the school interview panel committee, and actually works in healthcare with patients and nurses on the job.
Sure, you may find the answers on the Internet, but that takes time and it may not be reliable or even contain out-dated, pre-pandemic information and assumptions.
This course is a valuable investment in your future and is the full package and the one-stop to what you'll need as a pre-nursing student.
Enroll in this course for a fraction of the price for the same valuable advice and lessons you would get from other live courses.
Not satisfied? Udemy has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Don't Just Take My Word for It
Check out what this student has to say about my other course:
"Taking this course has completely blown me away. It is a blessing and it is amazingly informative, well put, and provides understanding about Occupational Therapy on a different level. A course like this available for someone like me, who is familiar with OT, but has little knowledge about who an OT really is and what they do and how it helps people improve their quality of life, is incredible because I can study at my own pace, gain the understanding and knowledge I am looking for to pursue a career in Occupational Therapy. Since beginning this course, it has certainly changed my quality of life. After this course, I hope to study Occupational Therapy in the UK and gain vital practical experience working as an Occupational Therapists in a healthcare setting."
Are you ready to make a difference in your life and the life of others while earning a competitive salary?
Then, what are you waiting for? Check out some of the FREE PREVIEWS to see the quality of the content for this course.
Enroll now and I will see you in this class!
I look forward to your participation and reading your Assignments.
It's an honor to inspire and help you begin your nursing journey and career.
Disclaimer: All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Who this course is for:
- Pre-nursing students who want to start their journey right-away
- Anyone curious about becoming a nurse
- Anyone interested in a career change to nursing
About the Instructor
Hello! My name is Jeff and I am currently practicing as an occupational therapist in the United States. I work in a hospital setting in the Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU), Oncology, Neuro, Orthopedics, Telemetry, Cardiac, and Med Surg. My special focus is stroke rehabilitation and assistive technology.
I have been working directly with patients and clients in healthcare since 2013. I graduated from EMT school and volunteered as a skills instructor. As a skills instructor, I taught student labs for hands-on EMT field skills and also proctored proficiency exams such as life-saving CPR. As a EMT, I worked in various healthcare settings including hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics, doctor’s offices, homes, schools, and the local community.
I have a Master's of Science degree in Occupational Therapy. Occasionally, I help in the interview process for prospective occupational therapy school students. I have experience working with mental health, pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics in occupational therapy. Some places I have worked include a mental health group home, outpatient CBT behavioral health clinic, school-based OT including the classroom and pediatric gym, nursing facilities, and hospitals. Overall, my field experience in each setting guides my current practice in discharge planning and role in preventing hospital re-admissions.
Involvement in Occupational Therapy
- Active membership to the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Co-author in published research article titled, "First-Time Experience in Owning a Dog Guide by Older Adults with Vision Loss" in Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness.
- Community commenter to NBCOT® study group to help students pass their OT board exam.
- Founder, author, and contributor of website OTDUDE, an occupational therapist resource for students, new grads, practitioners, and visitors.
- 10+ years as a professional videographer for Blue Dawn Studios producing wedding films and corporate content. My courses include HD video content with professionally recorded audio. The videos are professionally storyboarded, animated, and edited by me.
- Experience in Web Design, Graphic Design, Visual Effects, Music Production, Computer Programming, and Technology Tech Support.
- 3+ years as an instructor for students in lab and in-service healthcare settings.
- 8+ years in the healthcare field working in hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics, doctor’s offices, homes, schools, and the local community.
Commitment to You
- Producing high-quality videos that are up-to-date and research-based content to students.
- Creating content that is engaging, easy to watch, and succinct for learning.
- Releasing courses that provide you with a lot of value in your purchase. Your purchase will be a worthwhile and a valuable investment in your future.
- Providing ongoing support to students online.
- Ongoing improvement in my courses. I highly value your comments and feedback.
Thank you for watching.
Let's learn together!
Jeffrey Kou, MS, OTR/L