Complete Godot 2D: Develop Your Own 2D Games Using Godot 4
What you'll learn
- Get the most out of the new Godot 4 game engine by making 2D video games
- Make 3 different awesome games, while learning the fundamentals and key concepts of Godot 4
- Learn key concepts of Godot such as using Nodes, Scenes, Scripting & Signals
- Use Godot’s built-in scripting language, GDScript, to create interesting game mechanics
- Learn the fundamentals of programming such as if statements, loops, functions, coroutines, and more
- Discover how to use the new Tilemap, the animation player and other important nodes you need to know to make amazing games
- There's no prerequisites for taking this course. Whether you're an absolute beginner or have some programming or Godot experience, this course is for you!
Learn how to get the most out of the new Godot 4 game engine by making 2D video games.
We take you through the fundamentals and key concepts of Godot. You’ll use Godot’s built-in scripting language, GDScript, to create interesting game mechanics.
Plus, you’ll learn the fundamentals of programming such as if statements, loops, functions, coroutines, and more.
By the end you know how to use the new Tilemap, the animation player and other important nodes to make amazing games!
You’ll create 3, yes 3!, games in Godot 4…
Speed Saucer: a Collision Avoidance Game where you’ll learn Godots fundamentals, scenes, nodes, instancing, scripting and more
Alien Attack: 2D Side Scrolling Space Shooter Game covering physics, movement logic, creating UI (user interface), particles and more. You’ll be shooting projectiles and keeping score!
Martian Mike: 2D Platformer Game packed full of new skills including animations, scene management, tilemap and many more
Whether you’re a complete beginner or have dabbled in Godot before, this course will have something for you.
You’ll get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
And you’ll get access to the Q&A where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Godot 4 is an amazing engine and this course is the perfect place to dive into it! ?
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners to Godot and programming
- Absolute beginners to Godot who know some programming
- Beginner and lower intermediate users of Godot
Hi there, I'm Kaan and I'm an independent game developer. I have been making games for over 8 years. I studied at Japan Electronics College in Tokyo learning all about computer science.
I taught thousands of beginners game development and programming principles. I know exactly how you feel and what you are looking for and I try to make it so that my courses are the perfect fit for you. I remember my own struggles during my learning journey and I try to use those memories as reference points for my lectures.
Making games is my PASSION. I'm in love with the whole process of creating a game, from idea to the end product.
I decided to become a Udemy instructor in order to share my knowledge with people like you. I believe that the best people on this planet are the ones that share their knowledge with others. I know that I wouldn't have learned so much without the help of others.
And now I'm here for you! I hope to see you in one of my classes!
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy.
We have more than a million students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).