Complete Foundational Piano Course For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Name all the notes on a piano
- Understand the construction of major scales
- Understand the construction of different types of chords( major, minor, diminished, augmented chords)
- Learn chord inversions and use of slash chords
- Learn the application of passing chords and modulation techniques
- Understand different chord progressions used in playing piano like the 2-5-1, 7-3-6
- Learn the fundamentals of playing gospel piano
- No previous piano playing experience required. This is a piano course flor total beginners.
- Having a piano will be an added advantage to help you practice
Learning a new instrument should be an exciting experience that opens you up to a fresh way to express yourself. In this beginners piano course, I will walk with you from the very basics to a place where you will be able to play songs confidently.
I developed this course after years of experience in training students one on one at our music school. The content builds up steadily from one chapter to the next. The teaching style is simplified even for kids to understand. My focus will be to give you both an in-depth theoretical understanding of music and a practical application of these techniques.
We start right from naming notes on the piano, constructing major scales, building simple chords, playing simple chord progressions, using passing chords etc.
You will also learn how to modulate/ change keys while playing songs, a technique used by many arrangers to change the mood or dynamics of a composition.
I have included song examples along the course to help you see the concepts in practical application.
This course lays the foundation of playing gospel piano. It is the best place I recommend for all my students to start learning the piano.
Course length: 5 Hours
Chapter 1: NAMES OF NOTES/MAJOR SCALES
Chapter 2: BUILDING TRIADS
Chapter 3: SCALE DEGREES/NASHVILLE NUMBER SYSTEM
Chapter 4: CHORD INVERSIONS & SLASH CHORDS
Chapter 5: MAJOR 7TH, MINOR 7TH & DOMINANT 7TH CHORDS
Chapter 6: USING PASSING CHORDS
Chapter 7: MODULATION/CHANGING KEYS
Chapter 8: UNDERSTANDING THE 2-5-1, 7-3-6 CHORD
Chapter 9: APPLICATION OF DIMINISHED CHORDS
Chapter 10: SONG EXAMPLE- DETAILED BREAKDOWN-HE HAS MADE ME GLAD I
Who this course is for:
- Beginner piano players who have no previous experience in playing the instrument.
Hello, I'm Emmanuel. I am a music producer, instructor, songwriter, recording artist and worship leader at my local church. My musical journey began 20 years ago as a 10 year old boy on my Dad's piano. Since the first day I placed my little fingers on the piano, I never stopped playing. I have obtained much of my knowledge from watching other players, following online tutorials and playing in bands all over the city. Along the way, I started a small home recording studio where I practiced my song writing and production skills. I also started a music school where I have teaching piano, guitar, vocals and music production to a number of students. I have a great passion for the music ministry and it is my pleasure to invite you to join me as I help you achieve your musical dreams.