Complete Character Design Crash Course for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Shape Building - We'll build few random shapes to get control over our drawing hand.
- Characters form shapes - We'll Transform different character faces from any shape.
- Facial Parts reference guide - I'll provide you with a guide that you can use to develop your characters and it's as easy as Playing with Lego Blocks.
- Character Emotions - From happy to Excited we'll cover each emotion and create an emotion guide, which we can use for any character.
- Different views - Together we'll observe and draw different views for our character.
- Lighting and Shading / Coloring - I'll show you how does the lighting works, how to shade and color any scene or just the character.
- Pose analysis - There can be many different poses, and I know how hard it can be to draw, so I'll teach you how to Analyse reference images and draw poses.
- Building our very own Cartoon Character - Together we'll make our very first character, using our imagination and Some given Scenarios.
- Full Body Character - T-Pose or A-Pose we'll cover differences and create a full-body for our character which we made earlier.
- In the end, we'll combine all the knowledge we have a create a complete scene.
- To Follow this Course You'll only Need Paper, a Pencil, an Eraser, and any Color of your own choice. You can also follow this course using any digital drawing tablet, it's totally up to you. Even if you're working with different tools, All tips and techniques will still apply to your process.
If you can draw any Shape or Just a Stick figure then definitely you can draw anything.
Don't have any Idea about Character Drawing / Design. NO WORRIES
Welcome to this Cartoon Character Design Crash Course for Beginners.
We'll start from the very basics like building the foundation and moving forward we'll cover all necessary concepts, and at the end of this course, you'll be able to create your very own Professional looking cartoon character. Which you can definitely add to your Portfolio.
Topic's which we'll cover in this course -
Lighting and Shading
Building your own characters
Full body Characters
Form your own Characters out of your Imagination.
All Chapters have their own Practice Assignments, if you just follow along with this course and Complete the Assignments, You'll Be Able to Transform your Ideas into Professional-looking Characters.
Anyone who is interested in learning cartoon character design can join this course.
To Follow this Course You'll only Need Paper, a Pencil, an Eraser, and any Color of your own choice. You can also follow this course using any digital drawing tablet, it's totally up to you. Even if you're working with different tools, All tips and techniques will still apply to your process.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Beginners , if you don't have any previous knowledge don't worry we'll start from the mere basics.
As a child, I was very intrigued by various cartoons, tom and jerry and popeye the sailor man are few to name. Like most of us even I thought that cartoons were real and dreamt of meeting them. But as I grew and realization hit me hard enough to break my dream.
The fact that they were just a beautiful fragment of someones imagination on a piece of paper was really hard for me to believe.
As I grew, gradually I gained a keen interest in the field of animation. While exploring this field I found it to be not only amazing but also intriguing enough to make it my passion. I went further to study more about character design and 2D animation.
While digging into this field of animation I went through various branches. VFX was the one that was satisfying for me. The fact that real-life elements and imagination could be integrated using computer was the most amazing part of it.
My journey of learning is still not over and I guess it never will be.
On Udemy I'll be sharing the best of my knowledge about character design, animation, VFX with a tinge of my story. I hope you watch it, to see my side of the story.