Ruby on Rails 6 Complete Beginner's Course
What you'll learn
- How to install Ruby on Rails 6 on your computer
- How to build a new Ruby on Rails 6 application from scratch
- Build templates (views) for your application
- Setup a database (Postgres/MySQL)
- Install third party libraries using Ruby Gems
- Add user friendly interfaces using Bootstrap 4
- Use the Rails Console to explore our database entries
- Use the Rails Server Logs to debug errors
- Create a new model and learn how to create our own methods
- Create a new controller and write our own actions
- Create helpers and using them from our views
- Build a blog in Rails 6
- Some basic programming knowledge will be helpful but not required (no Ruby / Rails knowledge required)
- Willingness to learn and a computer with internet access
Learn all the basic skills needed to develop Ruby on Rails 6 apps in just a few hours.
NO FILLER CONTENT, this course will get straight into the action and teach you how to build FAST!
This isn't a 20+ hour course, and quite frankly you don't need to waste tons of time learning the basics.
I have been building web apps with Ruby on Rails for close to 10 years and now it's time to share that experience so accelerate your learning.
Ruby on Rails is one of the most powerful frameworks for building web applications and is trusted by huge companies such as Airbnb, Shopify and Github.
One of the most attractive benefits you will discover with Rails is the ability to create working products FAST! This is why it has been hugely popular with many startups and a highly sought after skillset in tech hubs like Silicon Valley.
The underlying language for Rails is Ruby. Ruby was created for developer satisfaction, with the language being very easy to learn and lightweight in comparison to many other verbose languages and frameworks.
Throughout this course we will discuss each step that we are taking and build a blog application as we progress through the course.
Ruby on Rails has changed a lot since the earlier versions and Rails 6 is no exception. Throughout this course we will focus on learning all the basics to get you comfortable building any Rails app you can imagine in the latest framework.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to build powerful web apps / platforms
- Beginner Ruby / Ruby on Rails developers
- Developers who want to create powerful, secure applications fast!
- Entrepreneurs wanting to learn how to create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
David has more than 10 years of experience in the web development field, operating as a full stack Web Engineer with a focus on building scalable cloud-based solutions. He has worked with numerous multinational agencies in Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States. He has worked on web applications and website projects for key brands such as Guinness, Carlsberg, Heinz, Tesco, Kia and Toyota.