COMPLETE BEGINNER LESSON IN PYTHON PLUS PORTFOLIO PROJECT
What you'll learn
- Understand data formats/types in Python
- Learn to convert one data type to another - Type Conversion
- Perform arithmetic operations in Python
- Understand relational operators in Python and how to chain them for comparison operations
- Manipulate strings in Python - String Methods and Formatting
- End of LESSON PROJECT to put it all together
- No programming experience needed. Anyone from any background wanting to learn programming in Python fits for the course
Python is the most popular programming language in the world according to Tiobe Index - a programming community which serves as an index for the popularity of programming language. This course aims to equip learners to create a Python program (or project) that takes feedback from users and print out a statement to that effect. This project is usually asked of Python developers during interviews to demonstrate their understanding of the Python programming language.
This is a beginner lesson in Python, however, it is enriched with an end-of-lesson project where even the novice can apply what is learned from the course. The course provides great insight into knowing the various data formats used in Python and performing operations such as arithmetic, chained comparison operations, and relational operators. The learner learns to debug errors in coding and catches exceptions very well.
What you’ll learn
Gain mastery of the Python programming language
Learn to perform arithmetic operations in Python
Apply knowledge of relational operators to boolean evaluations
Variable naming conventions
String methods and formatting
The 'input' function to accept feedback from users
Catch errors in python codes
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
No programming experience required
Who this course is for:
Beginners of Python programming
Intermediate and Advanced Python programmers can freshen up memories as well
Everyone who has passion for programming
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners with passion for Scientific Computing, Data Analysis, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
I am a professional teacher with natural aptitude for imparting knowledge. I am also a quantitative data analyst and an expert at using various software for data analysis and business intelligence which include Microsoft Excel, Python, R, SPSS, STATA, Eviews, Tableau, SQL and Power BI. I am most passionate about skills development in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence; and the need for digital innovation.