Bash Shell scripting
- This course caters to beginner, intermediate and advanced level. Student needs to be familiar with the concept of Computer and Operating system.
- Any prior working knowledge of programming language would help, however it is not at all necessary.
Bash Shell scripting is a very detailed approach to make a student familiar with the concept of Bash programming and also grooming the student in various field in terms of commands, analysis, debugging with the help of Live examples and hands on. These examples are downloadable.
Helps to solve interview question
Automate the boring stuff with shell scripts
Built an expertise in Linux command line
Understand system internals and boot process
- Anyone one who is interested in learning Linux/Unix, Shell programming and linux commands is a gateway to becoming successful Unix/Linux Programmer.
- Introductory Course Contents05:42
- Iterm2, diskutil, hostname,uname16:09
- Introduction to Shell Scripts13:23
- Shell and env variables13:42
- File System and directory hierarchy07:19
- Multi-Tasking and Multi-User05:06
- ls, cd, man, exit commands18:43
- rmdir, mkdir, rm, history, cat13:36
- cp, mv, inode, clear11:57
- who, whoami, tty, which, locate, pwd10:09
- How can you get the run level of system using who command.1 question
- calendar(cal), date, time commands and their options14:16
- vi editor and different commands Part117:16
- vi editor Part 207:30
- chmod and user permissions12:02
- chown, chmod, getent, chgrp08:19
- Background Jobs and no hangup08:03
- sort and Uniq command06:42
- Top and PS command06:55
- How to get thread ID of a process1 question
- Pipes And Redirection13:46
- Pipes and Redirection Part 211:49
- Wild Cards09:52
- Find Part 108:04
- Find Part 211:00
- Find part 309:27
- Find Part 410:59
- grep command and common usage part-106:52
- grep command part-212:10
- grep command part-310:49
- grep command part-409:47
- Shell Script Introduction and different components and debugging a script10:17
- Functions and Command Line argument Processing13:04
- While Loop08:50
- Until Loop04:20
- For Loop and various syntax of for loop08:27
- If condition11:10
- Test conditions for file type and strings18:14
- Read User input and processing04:59
- Case statement, AKA switch04:22
- File Handling and operations12:52
- Exit Status of a Shell10:12
- Random Number and its use case05:11
- Arrays and iterating over elements in different ways19:09
- Here Document, Multi line comments, Ftp scripts11:48
- Trap and signals part-111:07
- Trap and signals part-213:22
- Trap and signals part-306:01
- Trap and signals part-408:51
- Trap and signals part-509:41
- Installing Ubuntu in virtual Machine15:31
- dd and od command and how to copy file using dd11:56
- df, du, lsof, netstat19:42
- dmidecode, lscpu, lspci, SMBIOS, DMI07:02
- Creating a partition and mounting the file system09:16
- nmap for network and port scanning08:16
- ssh, scp and sshpass09:40
- tcpdump and pcap06:23
Over 15 years of total experience in software development, focusing on C/C++/Linux/Symbian C++, different flavors of UNIX (SCO, HP-UX, SunOS, AIX and RedHat Linux). Knowledge of LINUX Internals/ System programming/Inter Process Communication and Shell Scripting.
Worked on Symbian OS features like TLS/descriptors/ threads/ semaphore/IPC/ Active Objects/ Dynamics Arrays/Cleanup Stack/Client –server/Binary Compatibility.
Experience in all stages of development of large project using C/C++/ Clearcase/Subversion/GIT on Linux and LynxOS platform.
Worked on Linux Device driver and System programming.
Worked on HP bootloader, Board Support Package and grub.
Knowledge of Virtual File system, ext3, I/O Scheduler.
Good knowledge of Socket, TCP/IP and routing protocol like BGP, RIP.
Good knowledge of porting and cross-compilation. Ported FreeBSD-libc to Symbian Platform.
Worked on Linux Device Driver(Parallel port Control panel, USB mass storage driver), System programming, ELF32,DWARF, binary optimization.
Worked on GNU Tools chain like Cross-Compiler, Makefile, Auto Conf.
Worked on drivers for SPI, UART, I2C, GPIO Bus as part of board bringup.
Good Knowledge of Multithreading, Semaphore, Message queue, Shared memory and other IPC mechanism.
Bring up of Board and enhanced product for power star energy consumption by implementing various sleeping mode in Devices like scanner, Fax, Hard drive etc.
Knowledge of GNU tool chain and cross compilation
Participated in Code reviews, Risk management, design document as well as implementation phase.
Good knowledge of Object oriented Analysis and design.
Good Knowledge of Xen/ Qemu and virtualization.
Worked on Malware Analysis and disassembly
Very good and through knowledge of Hypervisor like Xen, KVM.