Complete Selenium Ruby Automation Engineer Bootcamp
What you'll learn
- Learn Ruby Programming Language
- Learn about History of Selenium.
- Learn about Selenium IDE
- Learn about Selenium RC
- Learn about Selenium WebDriver
- Learn to automate web application in Firefox
- Learn to automate web application in Chrome
- Learn to automate web application in Safari
- Learn to automate web application in Internet Explorer
- Learn about different Selenium locators such as XPaths and CSS
- Create Automated Scripts for various web applications
- Learn about Data Driven Framework
- Create Data Driven Automation Framework Using Excel
- Create Data Driven Automation Framework Using YAML
- Learn about ATDD
- Create ATDD Framework Using Cucumber
- Create ATDD Cucumber Framework with parameterization
- Learn about Ruby Gemfile to install dependent gems
- You should be able to use PC or Mac at beginner level
Hi! Welcome to the Automation Engineer Bootcamp, the one and only course you need to learn automation from scratch. There are a lot of tutorials for web development but only few for the Automation skills. Among them, this course is without a doubt the most comprehensive and complete on the market due to following reasons.
- This is the one and only course taught by professional Automation Engineer with more than 8 years of experience.
- You do NOT need any prior programming knowledge. Most of my students who are enrolled tend to be outside of programming background but eventually work to end up as Automation Engineer in fortune 500 companies.
- 90% of my bootcamp students go on to get full-time automation engineer jobs. Most of them are complete beginners when I start working with them.
- Everything I cover is up-to-date and relevant to today's developer industry meaning it covers the latest Selenium 3.0 which just was released on the market recently. This course does not cut any corners.
- This is the only complete beginner full-stack automation engineer course that covers Ruby, Selenium, Cucumber and ATDD.
- You will be able to learn everything step by step which means that you don't have to rewind the video back and forth to grasp the concept.
- The course is constantly updated with new content, projects, and modules. Think of it as a subscription to a never-ending supply of developer training.
When you're learning technology that is very new and seems to scare you to enhance your career in technology, this course works as a stepping stone as I would explain you the programming knowledge in practical way such that it will encourage to learn more about programming language and definitely excite you to be an Automation Engineer.
This is a course designed for the complete beginner, yet it covers some of the most exciting and relevant topics in the industry.
Course Curriculum have been divided into 11 sections starting with basics of Ruby Programming Language and eventually gaining speed with Selenium WebDriver Automation tool and finally closing with design of Automation Framework with Cucumber which is commonly used in the Automation Industry.
Section 1: Introduction to QA
What is QA?
Importance of Testing in Software Industry.
Section 2: Software Setup
Java Installation for Mac
Bash Profile Set up for Mac
Java Installation for Windows
Ruby Installation for Mac
Ruby Installation for Windows
Rubymine installation for Mac
Rubymine Installation for Windows
Section 3: Ruby Essentials
What is String?
More String Methods
Conditional Execution - If & else
If & Else continued
Conditional Execution - Case
Array in Ruby
Looping - for/while/until
Ruby Methods Continued
Ruby Methods With Default Value
What are Ruby Classes?
Ruby Classes Continued
Regular Expressions Continued
Ruby Variables Types
Ruby Variables Types Continued.
Ruby as an OOP
Ruby OOP - Encapsulation
Ruby OOP - Inheritance
Ruby OOP - Inheritance Continued
Ruby OOP - Polymorphism
Ruby Modules Continued
Section 4: Automation Basics
Intro to WebApplication
What is Testing?
Types of Testing
Section 5: Selenium Basics
Introduction & Brief History of Selenium
Selenium IDE Demo
Selenium RC & Selenium WebDriver
Difference between Selenium RC & Selenium WebDriver
Section 6: Selenium WebDriver Hands On
Selenium WebDriver Installation in Mac
Selenium WebDriver Installation in PC(Windows)
Selenium Test Automation in Firefox
Selenium Test Automation in Firefox Continued
Selenium Test Automation in Chrome
Selenium Test Automation in Safari
Selenium Test Automation in Internet Explorer
Section 7: Selenium Element Locators
XPath Element Locator
Firefox Addons for Selenium
CSS Element Locator
Section 8: Intermediate Selenium WebDriver
Selenium Wait - Implicit wait
Selenium Wait - Explicit wait
Selenium Automation - Headers & Images
Selenium Automation - Checkboxes & Dropdowns
Selenium Automation - Calendar
Selenium Automation - Calendar Continued
Selenium Automation - Alerts/Popups
Selenium Automation - IFrames/Frames
Selenium Automation - Multiple Windows
Selenium Automation - Capture Screenshot
Section 9: Data Driven Framework
Excel Data Driven Framework - Simple Spreadsheet Gem
Simple Spreadsheet Gem Installation in Windows
Excel Data Driven Framework Continued
YAML as a Data Source
YAML Data Driven Framework
YAML Data Driven Framework Continued
Section 10: ATDD(Acceptance Test Driven Development) Framework
Intro to ATDD
Cucumber for ATDD
Cucumber Gem Installation in Windows
Cucumber Framework part 1
Cucumber Framework part 2
Cucumber Parameterization part 1
Cucumber Parameterization part 2
Cucumber Parameterization part 3
Advanced Cucumber Parameterization
Cucumber Terminal Commands
Bunder Installation in Mac
Bundler Installation in PC (Windows)
Section 11: Conclusion
Throughout the course, If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I got into this Automation Engineer field because I was exhausted doing manual testing and love the challenge of automation as well as love teaching and working with people and helping students learn. Sign up today and see how fun, exciting, and rewarding automation industry can be.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn about automation, regardless of previous experience or prior programming language.
- It's perfect for complete beginners with zero experience.
- It's absolutely perfect for manual testers who would like to enhance their career in Automation Field.
- It's also great for anyone who does have some experience in a few of the technologies(like Ruby, Testing) but not all.
- If you want to take ONE COURSE to learn everything you need to know about Automation, sign off on this course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn automation from scratch.
- Anyone who wants to enhance their career to be Automation Engineer.
- Manual testers who wants to upgrade their career to become Automation Engineers.
Ashok Tulachan is an entrepreneur, avid automation engineer, software engineer in test, full stack developer, AWS certified developer and certified tutor for automation courses.
He has worked in numerous fortune 500 companies bagging more than 8 years of experience in Automation in different domains such as Financial, Mortgage, Insurance and Government with various different automation tools such as QTP, TestComplete, Selenium RC and Selenium WebDriver.
He loves learning new things both in technology and personal development and shares them on his website and blog. He have mentored students in class room trainings as well as in virtual world via skype and "Go to Meeting" software program throughout the world.
He has spoken on technical topics at several agile and automation conferences.
You can follow him on his company website and personal blog.