Compassionate leadership: Resilience
What you'll learn
- Students will challenge the notion that resilience is about mental toughness and “grit”, but rather true resilience begins with compassion.
- You will learn some powerful tools that you can use on a daily basis to build your, and your team's resilience
- Create a plan to apply the learning and develop your resilience
- Your growing resilience will positively impact all areas of your life
- There are no course prerequisites.
- An open mind
Resilience is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties, both physically and mentally, through a positive mindset and emotional awareness.
We must prioritise time and space to build our resilience.
This interactive resilience course will challenge the notion that resilience is about mental toughness and “grit”, but rather true resilience, which begins with compassion - understanding with positive action.
The course is centred around the inspiring and motivational experience of “Attacking the Hurricane”, which will give you the awareness and tools to:
Understand the sources of stress and energy-depleting activity.
Start the journey of self-compassion, and re-energise.
Create a positive mindset - turning threat into an opportunity.
Grow your individual and collective resilience.
Facilitated by Manley Hopkinson, highly acclaimed keynote speaker, leadership consultant and explorer/adventurer, you will discover a key insight into the subject of resilience, with excerpts from his online learning portal the 'Compassionate Leadership Academy' and his book on compassionate leadership.
Manley will share how both individual and collective resilience was needed to forge a team, as a skipper in the BT Global Challenge round the world yacht race, and in finding the self-compassion to help his 3-man team win the Magnetic North Pole inaugural race.
You'll find this course, inspiring and motivational, while also providing practical solutions to grow your individual and collective resilience.
Who this course is for:
- Those leaders and managers who want to understand the journey to self-compassion, who want to re-energise themselves and find a positive mindset that will help them grow as an individual and collectively within their organisation.
- All people that wish to become more resilient and who, maybe, feel that it can all get too tough out there.
Schooled on leadership through a mix of practical and academic; as an Officer in the Royal Navy and the Royal Hong Kong Police, a skipper in the BT Global Challenge, the world’s toughest yacht race, and as part of the winning team skiing to the Magnetic North Pole.
Over the last 20 years, Manley has worked with an extraordinary range of organisations globally, within his own consultancy and as a Senior Advisor to McKinsey & Company.
In addition Manley has held accountable leadership roles as the Director of People & Performance for The Atlas Consortium, Hewlett Packard Defence & Security UK and Ark Data Centres - who recently achieved the Investors in People Platinum award.
Research into the neural physiology that drives the ability to learn, change & perform, was the final part of the leadership jigsaw that led to the publication of Manley’s widely acclaimed book Compassionate Leadership (2014) & the creation of the Compassionate Leadership Academy online course (2018).