Company Valuation Masterclass
What you'll learn
- As a Gift of Knowledge to you, I have made Section 5 The Role of Ratios in Comparative Valuation free to preview, even if you choose not to enroll.
- Key Principles in Valuation, including Intrinsic Value and Time Value of Money
- Cost Valuation and under or over valuation with Tobin's Q
- The Role of Ratios in Comparative Valuation
- Comparable Company Valuation - "Comps"
- The Dangers of Rule of Thumb Valuations
- Precedent Transactions Analysis
- Economic Value Added and Market Value Added
- Understanding Free Cash Flow in DCF Valuation
- A Strategic Analysis of Business Drivers in Company Valuation
- Calculating the Discount Rate using the CAPM and WACC
- Risk Measurement and the Cost of Capital
- Discounted Cash Flow Modelling
- The Dividend Discount Model (Gordon's Growth Model)
- Ability to Pay Analysis
- Sum of the Parts Analysis
- Valuation Complexity in Corporate Finance Valuation
- Valuation in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions
- How to value Private Companies (3 different ways) and why its so difficult
- Warren Buffet and Value Investing
- The Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Valuation in the New Economy - valuing Internet Companies and Startups
- How to Present Your Valuations in a Football Field Graph
- A computer with Excel installed
- A basic understanding of Excel will be helpful but not essential
- Enthusiasm, Energy and a willingness to learn :)
Welcome to this Company Valuation, Financial Modelling and Analysis Course
The complete Company Valuation Course for Finance Professionals taught by a 30 year Financial Professional!
As a Gift of Knowledge to you, I have made Section 5 The Role of Ratios in Comparative Valuation free to preview, even if you choose not to enroll.
We have divided this course into six sections (as explained in the second previewable lecture):
Introduction & Principles
Asset Based Valuation
Market Based Valuation
In the first sections of this course you will discover:
What is meant by Valuation
The difference between Value and Price
Key Principles in Valuation, including Intrinsic Value and Time Value of Money
Cost Valuation and under or over valuation with Tobin's Q
The Role of Ratios in Comparative Valuation
Comparable Company Valuation - "Comps"
The Dangers of Rule of Thumb Valuations
Precedent Transactions Analysis
Economic Value Added and Market Value Added
"The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more"
Charlie Munger, Billionaire and Vice Chairman Berkshire Hathaway
Then in the comprehensive Discounted Cash Flow Sections (a course within a course) which is a close study of Intrinsic Valuation, you will discover:
Introduction to Discounted Cash Flow and what we mean by Present Value
Understanding Free Cash Flow in DCF Valuation
A Strategic Analysis of Business Drivers
Calculating the Discount Rate using the CAPM and WACC
Risk Measurement and the Cost of Capital
Discounted Cash Flow Modelling
The Dividend Discount Model (Gordon's Growth Model)
Ability to Pay Analysis
Sum of the Parts Analysis
We then go on to discuss more Advanced Topics in Valuation which will set you out from the crowd
Complexity in Corporate Finance Valuation
Valuation in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions
How to value Private Companies (3 different ways) and why its so difficult
Warren Buffet and Value Investing
Margin of Safety
The Efficient Market Hypothesis
How to be your own Value Investor
Valuation in the New Economy - valuing Internet Companies
How to value a Startup
How to Present Your Valuations in a Football Field Graph
This course also includes a series of "Mini Models" in Excel for you to download and work with.
Ability To Pay Analysis.xls
Basic Discounted Cash Flow Model Example.xls
Case Study Apple Book Value Per Share.xls
Cash Flow Valuation 3 Measures Model.xls
COMPANY VALUATION COURSE MODEL.xls
Comparable Transactions Model.xls
DCF and EVA Check Calculation.xls
eCommerce Valuation Simple Model.xls
Football Field Valuation Graph.xls
Football Field Vertical Graph Model.xls
Margin of Safety Calculator.xls
Score Card Startup Valuation .xls
“The most important investment you can make is in yourself.”
Warren Buffet, Chairman Berkshire Hathaway
PLUS Every Slide Deck in the course is available to download!
Over 75 Multiple Choice Quiz questions to test your learning skills as you go!
Why should you choose this course?
Company valuation is a core topic for every finance professional. You simply cannot afford NOT to know this topic.
What makes us qualified to teach you?
This is a Company Valuation course taught by a 30+ year, Managing Director level, Investment Banker - from a practical perspective
Over 101,000 students have enrolled in my Udemy courses, this is what one of them said about this course:
" I like the course and the approach of Sir John Colley. I believe I shall be able to achieve what I want through this course. I am looking forward to deeper and great understanding of the subject as this course will help me to make a career in Credit Analysis" R.R. Five Star
I have been teaching on Udemy since 2014 and am fully committed to it. If you have any questions about the content or anything related to any topic, you can reach out with your questions at any time and I always do my best to respond promptly
Don't forget that this course (and all my courses) benefit from Udemy's money back guarantee!
Check out my other Finance Courses:
If you are interested in Finance, then you will find these courses will help you further:
Mini MBA - Foundations of Business Strategy Consulting
Banking and Finance Accounting Statements Financial Analysis
Mini MBA: Business Strategy 2 Business Plan
Investment Banking and Finance: Private Equity Finance
Investment Banking and Finance: Venture Capital Fundraising
Mergers & Acquisitions - M&A, Valuation & Selling a Company
Investment Banking and Finance: Why Acquisitions Really Fail
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this Company Valuation course.
What are you waiting for?
Enroll today and I will see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Senior Executives responsible for their firm’s growth, portfolio, and investments
- Chief Executive Officer Chief Investment Officer Chief Financial Officer Consulting Director Corporate Vice President Director of Financial Reporting Director of Financial Services Director of Regulatory Affairs Director of Risk Management
- Mid-level Managers responsible for accounting, valuation, research, financial modelling and smaller-scale investment decisions
- Quantitative Analyst Accountant Financial Services Manager Investment Manager Acquisition Manager Equity Analyst Certified Public Accountant Chartered Global Management Accountant Chartered Financial Analyst
- Professionals in investment banking and finance who are responsible for sourcing, executing and managing deals, as well as building relationships with investment banks and private investors
- Investment Banker Financial Advisor Investor in Venture Capital Investor in Distressed Assets Private Banker
- Legal Professionals working as legal counsel to investment banking, finance or law firms
- Junior Associate Midlevel Legal Counsel Senior Associate Attorney Senior Legal Counsel Partner Regulation and Compliance Attorney Hedge Fund Paralegal Risk Management Paralegal
- Consultants advising client organisations on financing and investing decisions
- Consultant Senior Consultant Partner Finance Consultant Investment Consultant M&A Consultant
Why are over 100,000 students enrolled in my online courses?
1. I teach with passion from my experience with my students my first priority.
2. My courses will help you to achieve your goals and change your life today.
3. My dedication to teaching! Udemy even named a meeting room after me in their office.
► Try enrolling in a course with me and see for yourself ◄
How can I harness my experience to help you?
Check out my courses to find out
If you don't find what you need, ask me.
"Fantastically put together course and content - very informative and lecturer was very knowledgeable and insightful! Highly Recommend for anyone interested in learning the Fundamentals of PE / VC" Aakarsh
"Very helpful, relevant and insightful I am a professional in Investment Banking and I learned a lot about the processes that senior bankers (VP's and MD's) deal with on a regular basis in detail: Section 4 and onwards was what I was looking for before I purchased the course and I feel my needs were met beyond expectations. One could inaccurately be "concerned" because of the short durations of the videos and think that the content is "brief", "light" or "superficially" covered - it definitely isn't: I've never seen videos in which, literally, every second contained information completely relevant and essential to the topic. I frequently paused videos to take notes. Also the attachments provided as guidance are very detailed and insightful." Daniel
About John Colley, MA, MBA
John is a best selling online instructor, investment banker, international speaker and entrepreneur, whose eLearning courses have been featured on Forbes, The Economist and many other professional platforms.
Over a City of London Investment Banking Career of nearly 30 years, John, the Founder of Six Minute Strategist Consulting, has been teaching over 75,000 students on Udemy since 2013.
In his City career John has:
** Floated companies on the London Stock Exchange
** Worked on British Government Privatisations
** Advised on Hostile Takeovers
** Originated a $300m acquisition in the Far East for a European cement company
** Originated deals for Private Equity Firms
** Raised capital for dozens of Technology companies from Start Ups to Mid Sized companies
** In Mergers and Acquisitions, sold public and private companies
** Worked closely with a wide range of Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms
** Founder and helped managed two Investment Banking Boutiques in London
With two degrees from Cambridge University (Bachelors and Masters), an MBA with Distinction from Cass Business School, John also graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (the UK's West Point) as an Army Officer. His MBA Dissertation won the Tallow Chandler's Prize for the Best MBA Dissertation in his graduating year 1993.
How can I best serve you?
Join my community of over 100,000+ Students, Enrol Today.