Compact Camera Course - understand your camera in 30 minutes
What you'll learn
- Feel empowered to take more control of your photography
- Better understand the functions of your camera
- Choose the best camera settings for general use
- Be able to transfer your photos from a camera to a computer
- Perform the most common fixes on a simple image editing program
- You will need a compact camera
- Wanna make beautiful images, but you don't have a fancy DSLR?
- Do you feel frustrated or disappointed with your photos... even guilty that you don't know what you're doing?
- It's not your fault; you just need to spend some time learning what your camera can do,
...and some time practicing how to use this knowledge in the field.
- 90% of camera courses are targeted toward DSLR owners, not the humble photography enthusiast just starting out on the journey.
This course is for: total novices, absolute beginners, and the technologically challenged. You must own a compact (point-and-shoot) camera, or a Micro 4/3rds, or a Bridge camera, so you can put this theory into practice.
Video lectures make up the bulk of this course, with 3 exercises and a quiz. The final exercise requires downloading some freeware, and installing this on a Windows-based computer.
Topics include: image resolution & size, JPEG vs RAW files, memory cards, focus, metering, program modes, aperture / shutter speed, plus how to get your photos off the camera and fix them on a computer.
Finally, the tutor does not own your particular camera - hang, there's hundreds of models out there, and the course would be many hours long if it was to cover every possibility.
So, you will be required to download and read your camera's manual, to fully understand exactly what dials to turn and buttons to press.
Who this course is for:
- Owners of compact (point-and-shoot), Bridge or Micro-Four-Thirds cameras
- Absolute beginners, total novices & the technologically challenged
A keen landscape photographer for over 40 years, Ray has also inspired thousands of students as a qualified teacher. His bachelor degree in Graphic Design included two year's training in photography, and he now sells images to calendars, stock libraries and magazines.
Ray is passionate about sharing his success secrets with those of you who are not satisfied with your photos.