Community Service Engineering
- This course is meant to support engineering students in undertaking a ‘real-life project’ for a vulnerable group in society or for an organisation in the social domain.
- Before starting this course it would be good to think up such design challenge (real-life project) and keep it in mind while taking the course.
- Higher education in engineering or sciences is required
Are you an engineer with an affinity for the social domain?
Are you convinced that technology is an important lever for more independence and a better quality of life for vulnerable groups in society?
Do you think you can make a significant contribution to social profit organisations as an engineer?
This course bridges the worlds of technology, the social profit and the profit sector.
Above all as an engineer you solve problems for ... people.
This course will help you to get into the social aspects of engineering problems and focuses on:
1. User Centred Design & Vulnerable Groups
2. Organisations in the social domain
3. Technology in the social domain
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant to support engineering students in undertaking a ‘real-life project’ for a vulnerable group:
- Masters of Engineering Technology
- Masters of Engineering Science
- Masters of Engineering Science: Architects
- BioScience Engineers
- Business Engineers