Communication Skills for the Global Workplace
What you'll learn
- How to influence
- How to write emails that get replies
- How to present with confidence
- How to communicate with different cultures
- How to manage conflict
- How to have difficult conversations
- This is suitable for all levels
Do you work in a global business, with people from different cultures and countries? Want to improve your communication skills? Then I designed this course for you.
Based on over 10 years of coaching people in over 160 multinational companies from around the world.
No waffle. No fluff. No time wasting.
Just the skills you need. Explained with examples. Supported with tools. Followed with practice and reflection.
My focus is on making training PRACTICAL. I wrote a book about how to make training PRACTICAL. I even have a highly rated course on how to make training PRACTICAL here on Udemy (check my profile for more information). And my goal with this course is to make it PRACTICAL.
Every section of this course includes:
- BUSINESS Related Case Studies - Based on situations REAL people have faced working in the global workplace
- PRACTICAL Tools, Techniques and Tips - Actual solutions to the challenges you will face working in the global workplace
- Workbooks - To download and use for reference
- Practice and Reflection Exercises - Because the ONLY WAY TO LEARN is by practicing and reflection
In fact, don't think of this as a course. Think of it as a RESOURCE. You choose the sections that are most relevant to you at this time.
Every section is focused on a particular communication skills challenge you will face at work. Challenges like:
- Influencing and Persuading Your Stakeholders
- Writing Emails That Get Replies
- Presenting with Confidence
- Navigating Cultural Differences
- Managing Conflict
- Having Difficult Conversations
Each section presents skills you need for these challenges. They come with examples based on real people I have worked with. They explain why the skill is important and how it works. They give you practice and reflection opportunities.
My goal is to get you OFF this course and out practicing in the REAL WORLD as quickly as possible. Because it is only when you try things in the real world that the REAL learning begins.
I sincerely hope you find this to be a valuable resource. And please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or reflections you would love to share.
All the best,
Who this course is for:
- People who work in an international business environment and want to improve communication skills
Jamie Dixon is a Training Consultant, Coach and the author of ‘Shaping Paths – How to Design and Deliver PRACTICAL Training’.
Originally from the UK, Jamie has been based in China since 2006. His working background is in HR, having worked in recruitment and later on as a training manager at Amway China. As a trainer, he has worked with over 130 different multinational clients throughout China and the APAC region. He delivers training in both English and Mandarin.
Jamie’s focus area is on helping managers and leaders improve team performance. He does this through helping them build the right habits and mindset for taking more ownership and increasing their influence in the organisation.