Improve Communication with Your Partner
- The Desire to Communicate Effectively with your Partner
- The Desire to Have a Happy, Healthy and Fulfilling Relationship or Marriage
This course is for those who want to learn how to communicate and resolve conflict more effectively with their partner. It outlines some fundamentals of effective communication, four components of our TLC-Talking and Listening With Care program, and then takes you through our TLC-Three Step Program by showing videos of couples arguing before using TLC and then showing them resolving using our TLC three-step program.
Whether you are single, in a relationship, or married, it is important to be able to communicate and resolve conflict effectively. The modules include the following outlined below.
1. Communication Fundamentals, which include the power of words, types of talk, ineffective vs. effective communication, communication and connection, processing styles, gender differences in communication, and how we conflict and potential outcomes.
2. TLC-Talking and Listening with Care— outlines four components of talking and listening with care and more.
3. TLC Three-step program—using couples as examples, this module includes several sections that provide a step-by-step guide for talking through an issue and resolving conflict.
4. Helping Your Partner Talk through a Problem—Instructs you how to listen to your partner as they try to talk through an issue.
5. Gender Differences in Coping with Stress—This section provides a video clip from an Interview with Dr. John Gray, discussing how the genders cope with stress.
TLC—Talking and Listening with Care—the book for this course includes exercises at the end to help singles and couples explore their communication styles and to increase their communication competencies and skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for singles and couples. Anyone, whether you are single, in a relationship or married, this course will prepare you for how communicate and resolve conflict more effectevely
Dr. Patricia Dixon (aka Dr. Ra Heter), relationships educator, author, and coach served as an Associate Professor at Georgia State University, where she developed and taught courses on Relationships, Marriage and Family for over 20 years. She is the author of several books on relationships including TLC-Talking and Listening with Care—the book for this course, Get the Love You Want: Soul Partners-A Energy Healing Guide for Finding and Keep love and African American Relationships, Marriages and Families and more. For a list of her books visit Amazon at Click on Dr. Patricia Dixon under either of these book.