Communication Essentials - Boost your Confidence & Influence
What you'll learn
- Identify the key components of interpersonal communication and apply this knowledge to your own communication.
- Improve your influence skills in common workplace settings, including giving presentations, participating in meetings, and networking effectively.
- Apply techniques to overcome nervousness and anxiety when communicating in social situations.
- Develop vital interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and nurture relationships, practice empathy, and resolve conflicts
- No prior knowledge is necessary.
Are you tired of feeling unsure of yourself when it comes to communicating in the workplace?
Do you find it difficult to express yourself clearly and confidently in professional situations?
You're not alone.
Many professionals enter the workforce without any formal training in communication but are still expected to excel in this crucial skill. That's where this course comes in.
In this course, you will acquire a practical communication toolkit that will enable you to confidently and effectively communicate your expertise, ideas, and desires in any situation.
Don't let a lack of training hold you back any longer. Let's close your confidence and skills gap once and for all, together.
The principles and strategies that you will learn during this course are intended to provide you with just the essential communication tools that will enable you to be comfortable communicating in virtually all professional environments both in-person and online.
Over the last 20 years, I have collected, narrowed down, and honed the material that you will learn here today in the business scenarios listed below. It is my sincere hope and belief that by taking this course, you will learn that by having a firm grasp of the essentials of communication, you will be able to confidently communicate in similar situations and beyond with influence and impact.
• Business Meetings
• Networking events (online and in-person)
• Tradeshow booths
• Pitching to investors
• Sales presentations
• Product showcases
• Speaking events
• Leading teams
• Job interviews
• Interviewing new hires
• Researching consumer behavior
• Working overseas with international professionals
• Marketing your own business as an entrepreneur or solopreneur
• Social events with clients
• Training colleagues
• Thought leadership video content creation
• Social media marketing
Who this course is for:
- Individuals in professional roles that involve leading, communicating with, and influencing others who want to improve their skills and confidence in these areas.
I am a Professional Communications Speaker, Learning and development trainer, Award-winning inventor, and Healthy lifestyle expert. I am an authority on how professionals create the communication and lifestyle habits required to excel in today's demanding world.
As a speaker and presentation coach, I have spoken for organizations such as the Samsung Forum in Silicon Valley, Vistage International, and the Symbiosis Center for Information Technology in India. In addition, I am a presentations skills mentor at Chicago startup incubator “1871”, have coached a candidate for United States Senate, and as a self-professed “citizen of the world” - I have had the pleasure to address audiences in 26 countries on 6 continents.
As an inventor and entrepreneur, my award-winning passive exercise invention, “Sitflow” - which I co-founded, crowdfunded, and brought to market was a 2017 recipient of the prestigious NEOCON office furniture Gold Award, was featured in publications from Fast Company, Inc, and British Vogue, and has been viewed on viral social media over 60 million times.
As a healthy lifestyle expert, I pull from my experiences as an athletic coach at the University of Toronto, helping amateur baseball players in the Dominican Republic prepare for major league baseball’s international draft, and running my own elite in-home personal training company, to help professionals establish the habits that help them lead healthier and happier personal and professional lives.
In addition, I have completed multiple ultra-endurance races from Ironman France to the Hallucination 100 km, am a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor in Chicago, speak 3 languages, and have worked in 6 countries.
I am a Canadian native and graduate of Queen's University in Kingston Ontario, I hold a degree in Economics.