- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to be more assertive and use assertiveness through listening & speaking
- Be aware of gender-based communication differences
- Identify the factors that influence how much you speak / listen
- Find the right balance between likeability and power
- Listen with purpose: Investigate other’s intentions with 5 techniques
- Speak your mind: Confidently share your perspective with 6 techniques
Finding the right balance between speaking and listening is critical to get the best results from the conversation. It can increase the connection, engagement and trust between speakers. It increases the chances of getting to the desired outcome and builds healthy relationships. This is a core skill of assertiveness.
Do you experience these challenges? I’ve been there and it’s not fun.
Listener most of the time?
Get bored in conversations because you don’t talk about what you want?
Afraid of being disliked if you display authority?
Find it difficult to share your ideas and feelings?
Find men annoying and women submissive at work?
This course is designed to give you the fundamental skills to speak up and listen effectively in conversations. To be more assertive.
My name is Ivna, I’ve been in the corporate world for more than 10 years across 3 continents.
This is what you will get in the course:
Differences between how women and men communicate at work
Practical tips to listen and speak effectively
Easy to implement speaking and listening communication strategies
45 min of condensed knowledge in engaging video
Quizzes to solidify your learning
A summary PDF guide to review learnings at the end of the course
Take a proactive step towards better social, communication and assertive skills now by signing up for the course. Feel more engaged at work, stop others from yawning when you talk, say what you want to say.
I’ll see you on the other side. Not sure yet? Watch the free preview lectures to see if you like them.
- People at work, school or community, who find it hard to speak up in meetings, deal with feedback and evaluations, ask for what they want and deal with hostility from others.
- Professionals and students who want to increase their communication skills.