Communicate for Business: Write, Email, Close the Loop
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Choose words for their precision and ability to engage your target audience
- Focus on your message to determine grammatical choices.
- Tailor your emails based on your purpose and recipient.
- Create a plan that supports your change initiative.
- You will need internet access. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari and preferred browsers to open links to interactive lessons.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat to download PDFs.
Clear communication isn't always as easy as it sounds. This course will help you express your ideas in traditional genres as well as digitally. You'll also learn how to communicate to create lasting change in your organization: successfully engage the people who have to respond to the initiative.
Course 1: Write for Business & To Be Understood
Write for your busy readers by following best practices to craft clear & concise documents.
- Hit the Right tone
- Choose the Best Words
- Organize for Understanding
Course 2: Write Effective emails
Your email messages say more than you think; write your way to the top with effective emails.
- Construct your Communication
- Protect Your Image
- Correct Common Errors
Course 3: Close the Communication Loop
Design a communication plan that makes sure your change initiative gets put into action.
- Conduct a Needs Analysis
- Design Your Communications Strategy
- Craft Your Content
- Engage Others
Developed by instructors who write professionally, this three course bundle covers everything from practical tips for pesky grammar rules to guidelines for connecting with your audience. Each component is designed to be completed in short time allotments, or all at once, to suit your schedule. It will take approximately 1 hour to complete the entire bundle.
- Unsure of yourself when it comes to writing? This course is for you! It’s got lots of practical advice and common sense that will put you at ease.
- Confident in your verbal skills but new to the requirements of business writing? Learn how to adapt what you already know for business.
- Leaders responsible for change management and looking for communication strategies to make sure the change sticks.
Different tones are required for different situations. Articulate what you want your writing to accomplish & arrange your information to emphasize these goals & set the proper tone.
The English language has more than 1 million words so, how do you choose? Use the 3 S's of word choice to help you craft your content.
To write effectively & prevent miscommunication, you need to start with a plan. Explore these 3 steps to make a good impression.