Common English Idioms: Improve Your Conversational Skills
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to use common ESL idioms in an everyday context
- You will discover advanced vocabulary and synonyms to raise your overall English level
- All students will be required to complete regular quiz questions in order to complete the course
- At the end of the course, students will have the opportunity to write and complete their own idiom stories using the vocabulary
- A minimum level of B1 English is recommended to take this course
Welcome to Udemy's no. 1 course for English Idioms!
Do you want to improve your knowledge of English idioms? Would you like to experience a course that is both engaging and fun?
Mr Vocab's Idiom stories is a collection of short stories designed to teach English students over 50 common idioms.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for ESL students who are B1 level and above.
Why are we using stories to learn?
Anybody can buy a book and try to memorise idioms by staring at a page! However, when you can see the idioms in context, they are much easier to remember.
The stories are short, funny and they include further examples of the idioms at the end. Furthermore, a quiz is included at the end of every single lecture. This gives students the chance to immediately test their knowledge.
What does the course include?
The course is designed to give all students the best possible chance of learning and memorising their idioms.
Introduction (advice on how to succeed with this course)
A quiz after every lecture
Additional examples & resources
What advice can you give me to improve my English vocabulary in general?
Mr Vocab believes that learning English should be fun. One of the most common questions we receive from ESL students, is how to learn new vocabulary! The truth is, everybody is different. One piece of advice may be suitable for one student, and unsuccessful for another.
However, we feel that to learn vocabulary, the student MUST try to learn it in context. This means seeing or hearing the vocabulary in real stories, or real conversations.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for English students at B1 level, who want to expand their vocabulary and sound more native
- This course is for English students who are aiming to speak English at B2 level and above
Mr Vocab specialises in helping English students increase their vocabulary. If you want to improve your English phrasal verbs, idioms and expressions then you are in the right place!
We have produced Udemy courses, books and we also have a monthly newsletter. Everything we do is designed with one objective - to help all ESL students build their vocabulary.