How to Use and Understand the American Accent
What you'll learn
- Boosted comprehension of all spoken English.
- Enhanced T sound pronunciation and positioning.
- Applied knowledge of stressed and unstressed sounds.
- An active understanding of word linking in American English.
- Understanding of what make an accent, and how to set accent learning goals.
- A basic understanding of written English.
- Confident listening comprehension of spoken English.
Ready to skyrocket your spoken English skills?
Whether you live in an English speaking country as a non-native speaker, or casually practice English in your free time... my video course will ensure your command of spoken English rhythm.
My name is Pat, and I'm here to break down the barriers between your spoken English, and that of native English speakers from North America.
In this course I will teach you the nuances of the everchanging T. The sounds of the letter T change depending on the sounds around it. Sometimes it will sound like a D, sometimes it will come through the nose, and sometimes it disappears altogether. In this course, you will learn how to identify these extremely common changes in speech, and how they apply to your own spoken English.
You'll learn how to develop a good ear for strong and weak spoken English sounds, and you'll repeat those sounds back to me countless times to see your ability to reproduce them flourish!
Your spoken language is your blank canvas, and you have the ability to modify it however you see fit. Learning new language skills doesn't have to be an intimidating journey. Join me and together we'll see how you can take control of your spoken English.
Who this course is for:
- English learners who want to have a competitive level of spoken English.
- Non-native English speakers who are tired of being asked to repeat themselves with every-day words.
- Non-native English speakers who are afraid to speak in public because they don't want their English to be misunderstood.
- Non-native English speaking professionals from all fields of work who want more confidence in their spoken English.
My name's Pat. I'm a American accent coach, and I want to show you what you're capable of regarding enhancing your spoken English.
I have thousands of hours of teaching experience, and have worked with hundreds of students on boosting their English speech using an American accent.
My students have been from all different career and cultural backgrounds. This has given me the opportunity to develop the ideal system to teach any non-native English speaker the skills needed to understand and develop the American accent.
Beyond teaching personal classes, I host the American Accent Learners Club Podcast, where I instruct on how anyone can develop an American accent, and boost their natural spoken English capabilities.
If you're ready to take your English speech to new heights, check out my video course on Commanding the American Accent's Rhythm to see what's in store!