Learn The Linux Command Line: Basic Commands
- Access to the internet
- Basic competence of the English language
- Basic knowledge of how operating systems work
- Access to a command line
The command line is an incredibly useful tool for developers and regular computer users. If you want to get into Ruby on Rails, Django, Unix customization and so much more, learning the command line will help you immensely. Many technologies and frameworks rely on command line inputs. This course will get you up and be running with the command line quickly.
In this course Learn The Command Line: Everything You Need To Know you will quickly learn and become familiar with many essential UNIX commands. We will go over everything from opening up the command line to making our very own commands for the command line. This command line course is mainly for Linux users but Mac users are welcome to join (just realize not everything may work).
For beginners, the command line may seem overly complex and it may be hard to sit down and learn it. This course will teach you how to use the command line and skip the boring, unnecessary stuff that you may never use. However, this course gives an excellent command line foundation, so if you want to learn more, you can do so easily on your own.
I used to be very intimidated by the command line. I designed this course for people like me who may be struggling to figure out all of the commands. This course would've been perfect for me 2 years ago.
So what are you waiting for, now is the best time to learn the command line. Don't procrastinate it any further.
And if you aren't satisfied with this course, just remember you have a 30-day money back guarantee.
Thank you so much for showing interest in this command line course, and I hope to see you soon!
Instructor with +15,000 students
- Wants to use the command line, but doesn't know where to start
- Does not want to learn a bunch of excess commands they will never use
- Wants to be competent in using the UNIX (Linux or Mac) command line to make things easier
- In Case You Missed The Promo01:24
- What is the Command Line and why is it important?02:03
- Opening the Command Line01:28
- Copying and Pasting01:46
- Using the Calendar01:08
- The pwd Command01:31
- Changing Directories in the Command Line Part 103:03
- Changing Directories in the Command Line Part 203:46
- The ls Command And A Bunch Else10:03
- Making and Deleting Directories in the Command Line02:01
- Copying Files03:55
- Making Custom Commands In The Terminal06:14
- Final Test10 questions
- What's Next?01:19
I am a self taught programmer and learning enthusiast. My expertise is mainly in Artificial Intelligence, Ruby on Rails web development, Python and Linux. I hope that my courses will help students learn things that I had difficulty with in an easier and more fun way. These courses are meant to be short, sweet and quick to the point.