Command Line for Beginners: Mac OS & Linux
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 22 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will teach the students how to use the command line to make their computer perform tasks. By the end of the course students will be able to give most of the basic commands that every shell user uses on a daily basis.
- Basic computer skills
- Laptop or desktop with Mac OS
Programming languages are advanced ways to communicate and control your computer with language. Learning the command line teaches you how to communicate and control your computer using language.
On Mac OS the command line is called Terminal and on Linux it's called Bash. The Terminal and the Bash are the interface between you and the operating system.
Once you know the command line, you can write code which will give you the power to perform tasks on your computer almost instantly.
- This course is for students that don’t know how to use the Terminal on Mac OS or Bash on Linux and want to learn the command line so they can perform tasks more efficiently and control the computer.