Learn to dance with 'Colourform'
What you'll learn
- Use the language of Colourform to dance to any song
- Understand the structure and features of different music genres
- Play with those around you who also understand the language of Colourform
- Turn any dance floor into a fun, 'gamified' experience!
- No prior knowledge of dance is required!
I love music. I love how it makes me feel and I love how it brings people together. No one should ever feel like they can't be a part of it. That's why I created the Colourform learn-to-dance program - the ultimate gateway for absolute beginners to learn how to dance to nearly any genre of music! The pedagogy is galvanised by custom-made music and a fascinating science flare, all wrapped up in a lighthearted 'gamified' experience.
Each video has been maticulously designed to be no longer than 5-10 minutes. You'll learn one idea per lesson and instantly be able to put it into practice through 'drills' and simple 'homework' tasks.
In Module 1 you'll learn:
how to use colour to map out parts of the body
how these colours match different elements in a piece of music
how to Groove, Sync, and Move
In Module 2 you'll learn:
a basic dance vocabulary to a variety of popular music genres
In Module 3 you'll learn:
advanced movement combinations, genre adaptation, weight transfer, contrast and freestyling
Colourform is a fun new way of thinking about dance education. It's a language designed to help bring you closer to the music and to the people around you. I can't wait to share it with you!
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners who are you looking to dance more confidently in social situations
- Anyone who wants to have more choice when they dance
- Anyone who loves music and how it makes them feel
I love music. It has the power to evoke the most awesome memories, or help you forge new ones. For over 10 years my speciality has been teaching people of all ages to connect with music. I won't teach you how to become the centre of attention, but I will teach you how to use music and movement to bring you closer to the people around you.
What could be better than that?