The Beginner's Guide to Color Theory for Digital Artists
What you'll learn
- Learn to add color to your art confidently!
- Learn how to apply color theory principles to your art instead of just learning terms on a color wheel.
- Your favorite digital art app (Photoshop will be used throughout this course, but these concepts apply to almost all digital art apps like Procreate, etc.)
- A digital drawing tablet is recommended (Wacom, iPad Pro, Huion, etc)
- A basic understanding of your art app.
Are you an artist that’s usually satisfied with your artwork UNTIL it’s time to add color? I remember that feeling!
In this course, I’ll teach you how to practically apply color theory concepts to your digital art, so you can stop being afraid of color and start using it to elevate your art to a whole new level!
Color can be a scary aspect of any visual art, since poor use of color can easily make or break a great drawing, painting, logo, or sketch. Early in my own studies, I was repeatedly disappointed by the color theory tutorials I found online. Sure, I would learn some terminology--warm, cool, primary, secondary, complementary, etc--but this is just terminology! How do I actually use these concepts in my art?!
If you’ve ever found yourself asking that question, this is the course for you!
In addition to the hours of real-time, step-by-step video lessons, you’ll also get:
Line drawings for practice, so you can focus on color.
Layered PSD files used in the lessons.
Examples from my pro work as a digital colorist at Image Comics & Top Cow.
Although Photoshop is used throughout this course, the color theory concepts taught here can be applied with most of your favorite digital art applications such as Photoshop, Clip Studio, Paintstorm, Procreate, Corel Painter, Sketchbook Pro, Krita, ArtRage, etc.
So if you're ready to learn how to make color work FOR you, instead of against you, I'll see you inside. :)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who loves their black and white drawings, but gets worried when it's time for color!
- Anyone who wants to learn more about color theory than just the color wheel!
- Anyone who wants to know how to actual apply color theory knowledge to their art.
Hi! I have been working professionally as a comic book colorist since 2011 and teaching digital coloring online on YouTube since 2013.
I learned about coloring the hard way early on, and I do my best to make sure that no one else has to take the same route I did! I'm still always learning new things and try to bring you guys along with me.
As of 2020, I've colored over a hundred books for publishers such as DC, Image, Vault, Dynamite, Chaos, Top Cow, IDW, Oni, and many others.