Colorants in Soapmaking
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to use dyes
- Learn to use pigments
- Learn to use micas
- Learn to use plants and clays
- Learn to make infusions
- Learn to use techniques to accent your soaps with color
- An interest in using colorants in CP and MP soapmaking
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to practice new techniques
- No prerequisites, but beginner soapmaking knowledge is a plus
Confused about which colorant to use? How about choosing colors for your project? This class walks you through all things color, including making infusions and creating better color.
This is a comprehensive course consisting of slideshow presentations, videos, downloadable PDFs, and quizzes to highlight important information in a professional format. You'll be able to learn everything you would in a traditional classroom and ask any questions along the way all from the comfort of your home.
- Pigments, Oxides and Ultramarines
- Natural colorants - herbs, clays, etc.
- Color Infusions
- Choosing color combinations
- Choosing the best colorant for your soap projects
- Tips and tricks to better coloring
- And more
- Mica painting, dusting, veining, and more
Includes: Colorants Manual PDF
Our classes are unique in the industry. Each course is designed in logical sequence in a well thought out curriculum. Classes are very comprehensive and cover small details that are often overlooked in other courses and books, but make life easier for soapmakers (things we wished we had learned as a new soapmaker). The class is built on a professional platform, where you can learn at your own pace on your own time, anywhere in the world. You just need internet access and a desire to learn.
There is controversy over the term 'natural' in the soap industry. This lesson explains the differences between natural, synthetic, and nature identical. It also explains the controversy so you understand what you may stumble upon throughout the Internet and make informed decisions.