Colour Management and Reproduction in Digital Printing
What you'll learn
- What are colors and how we achieve the desired ones in digital printing.
- Practical approach for learning basics of colors in designing for printing.
- No physics of light and colors explained but lots of images, designs and printed samples.
- How to match colors from the screen to the print in raster and vector graphics.
- Best ways to match Spot and Named colors in your prints
- What are color profiles and how to create them.
- Best way to achieve true Black and White colors in print.
- The affect of the printing media on overall colors.
- The affect of lighting condition on perceived colors.
- What are light inks and special inks.
- This is a vendor neutral course, you will learn the concepts that you can apply on any platform.
- No prerequisites needed for this course
Have you ever took a picture you loved its colors and when you opened it on your PC and then on your laptop it did not look as expected, and does not even look exactly the same on both machines?
Then you tried to print that picture and were disappointed as the print does not look as you expected?
Your picture has lots of beautiful Greys but these Greys looked greenish in the print and not close to the Grey purity you expected?
Worse, you have a Black and White photo, you printed it and then you noticed it is not pure Black and White and there are some other inks shifting the B&W hues?
You wanted to print a certain color of a certain brand, and you cannot achieve that color in your prints even you have tried all of your best to match those colors?
You are a wide format printer operator or designer for printing house and part of your job is to place the right colors in your designs that should when printed match those corporate colors, and you are struggling?
In this course we are going to have those problems explained, and suggest solutions for them.
This is a simplified, practical and vendor neutral course.
Whether you are a photographer, a person who likes to print his/her photos to look the best, or you are that operator or designer, a student or a person who wants to know more about colors and digital printing, then this course is for you!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about colors especially in digital printing.
- Photographers who want to learn the principles of how to print the right colors.
- Designers who are required to match certain colors in their designs.
- Large and grand format printers operators whos color matching is part of their job.
- Sales persons who work in the Large format printing industry and want to know more about color management.
I am a P.Eng (Professional Engineer in Ontario, Canada) and CID ( Certified Interconnect Designer) by IPC, the organization that writes electronics design and assembly standards that are accepted world wide. I started as a field service engineer in the Middle East and North Africa, then a senior service engineer.
Through out my career I used to teach specialized software and hardware to people from different cultures, especially in grand and large format printers and color reproduction systems and workflow.
Few years ago I wanted to apply for a patent and I wanted to design the PCB for it myself, so is started digging in the PCB Design software and world. my patent technically is Patent Pending.
I though of utilizing my joy and experience in teaching into this on-line course.