Color Harmony and Retouching in Photoshop
What you'll learn
- You will Know how to Define Color on Your Images
- You Will be confident in using Adjustment Layers in Photoshop
- You will know how to work with Masks on Advanced Level
- You will know how to plan color composition of the image
- You will know how to set color balance and tones of Your images the way You want
- How to color grade Your images on advanced level
- How to work with images which have different sort of color harmonies
- Photoshop CC or Not Older than CS3
Why I decided to record this course? You can master retouching and have great knowledge of skin retouching. Though, at the end of the day the colors are something that makes Your images unique.
What is Color Harmony?
Color harmony is theory of combining colors in design, fashion and photography that – in simple words – are working well together for the eye. Color Harmony stays behind almost all of the color designs in the industry, such as comic books, posters, photography, web design and many others.
What You will learn in this course?
I am going to start very simple, so even You are starting Your adventure with the colors, You will have a basic understanding of the Theory. I believe I am easy going person, so friendly approach of the course will make it even easier for You!
We will have an introduction to color wheel. And after You get enough theoretical knowledge we will start our practical work with different color harmonies. Through this course, You will learn how to define different color harmonic over few different sections. Since very beginning we will start developing different ways of approaching the color, and different techniques of color grading.
I will be slowly developing techniques though the lessons, starting from very basic tchings like introducting color adjustment layers into more advanced ways of working with them though the creative ways of working with masks, just to get what's best n Your image and draw attention to whats important on the image.
1. In the first section we will work with Complementary Harmony:
Colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel are considered to be complementary colors .The high contrast of complementary colors creates a vibrant look especially when used at full saturation. This color scheme must be managed well so it is not jarring.
In this section You will learn:
Adjustment layers that You will use in the future for Your Color Grading in Photoshop
Basic Workflow Techniques for Complementary Colors
Working with Gradient maps
More advanced techniques, such as working with masks to have full control on the color, different methods of working with colors
2. Then we will move into harmonies with more colors like split complementary and triadic harmony:
The split-complementary color scheme is a variation of the complementary color scheme. In addition to the base color, it uses the two colors adjacent to its complement. This color scheme has the same strong visual contrast as the complementary color scheme, but has less tension.
A triadic color scheme uses colors that are evenly spaced around the color wheel. Triadic color harmonies tend to be quite vibrant, even if you use pale or unsaturated versions of your hues.
In this Section You will learn:
How to plan composition on the image
How to define Color of the image
You will know how to set the perfect color balance and tones for the image
How to set saturation for an image
How to work with masks on advanced level to keep control on very specyfic areas of the image
How to work with lights on specific color
3. After that we will move to the section with Analogic colors, and we will work on the portrait of Misha, where we have great example of this sort of harmony, and also very challenging one.
Analogous color schemes use colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. They usually match well and create serene and comfortable designs.
Analogous color schemes are often found in nature and are harmonious and pleasing to the eye.
In this section You will learn:
How to plan You work with analogic color harmony
how to built contrasts around the image and work with lights and highlights to draw more attention to the object
how to to color grading using advanced techniques we learned, on image with analogic color
Over this two sections we will be developing really advanced ways of work on two images with different composition.
4. in the last section we will have a walk through some other not so popular color harmonies, just to make sure You will be prepared for any color challenges You will have in the future.
Who this course is for:
- Photographers who want to improve retouching
- Photo Retouchers
- People who want to improve color composition on their images
- People who want to explore color harmony and it's application to photography and retouching
I'm open minded and creative photoshop retoucher and photoshop educator with over 7 years of experience in the field. I specialize mainly in fashion, beauty, commercial and portrait retouching. Choosing me as your teacher guarantee that you will get prefessional knowledge and practice from the real photoshop expert, who works every day with images that can be found in magazines, lookbooks and fashion campaigns and peoples social media.
I've been teaching Photoshop for the last seven years. I spend almost every day with photoshop and in time I was able to gain more and more knowledge about right ways of teaching Photoshop. After few Years I felt it's the right time to come out with Premium Courses on udemy. Where I can share some amazing ideas and make Photoshop fun!
During my retouching career I have been internationaly published in various Fashion and Beauty magazines like Nasty, Numero, Ellegant, L'oficiel and many more!