Craft Successful College Admissions Essays
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write unique & compelling college admissions essays, which showcase personal growth and your dedication to the university.
- Increase your chances of being accepted into your reach universities.
- This course will help at any stage of the writing process.
- Having a word processor (like Word or Google Docs) is all you need!
Learn to create unique and compelling essays to get into your 1st-choice universities.
Build a strong personal statement and supplemental essays with this step-by-step tutorial for all levels of writers
What to write: Micro moments, Holistic approach, Brainstorming
How to write: Outlining, Writing, What the best essays do
Supplemental essays: The critical “why” essay
An essential skill in a fast-paced environment
Building strong essays is critical to being accepted into your top colleges. A good essay is the only qualitative part of an application, and it can be the defining factor that gets you admission into your reach universities. Writing essays for a variety of colleges can be time-intensive; this course packs high value information into less than 1 hour so that you can quickly begin crafting your own essays.
Content and Overview
First you will learn WHAT to write about. This includes the importance of detailing a micro experience rather than a large timeframe, being holistic in the application, and learning how to brainstorm. By the end of this section, you will understand how to come up with a compelling topic that shows personal growth.
Then you will examine HOW to craft an essay on that topic. You will outline in a focused and organized way, and then learn how to write effectively without becoming stuck or having writer's block. You'll also see some of the best examples of "show vs. tell" and understand firsthand what some of the best essays do to stand out.
Lastly, you will learn how to create the "why" essay, which almost all top colleges require. You will compare real examples of ineffective and successful why essays and learn how to create an effective one quickly.
These lessons have all been applied with students I have tutored in the past, and the course is complete with real examples of ineffective and successful essays.
Words from Past Students
"I found Nikita’s help with my essays to be incredibly helpful in getting me to transition from the objective writing style we are taught in school to the more reflective and descriptive style that is necessary for personal statements. Her help was more valuable than something I would find at these expensive essay bootcamps and would 10/10 recommend her to others." -Aditya, University of Chicago 2020
- If you need to craft essays for college applications, this course will provide you a very strong results-oriented approach within 1 hour.
- This course does not cover the entire application life-cycle process such as standardized testing requirements, acquiring letters of recommendation, etc.