College Admissions Masterclass - Part 1
What you'll learn
- 🎯This course will walk the student through the entire college application process including extra-curricular, internship, personal statement, and college costs
- 🎯Using this course, high school students, freshmen to rising seniors, can plan their activities and internships to best prepare for college.
- 🎯Learn how to write impactful personal statement and supplemental essays, requests for internship, resume, and make best use of sections in the common app
- 🎯Detailed walk through entire common app submission process and cost of college including scholarships, financial aid, FAFSA, grants, and EFC
- No pre-requisites
This course covers everything needed to apply for admissions to undergraduate and graduate colleges in the US, taking the student step-by-step through the whole process. Everything from deciding what the student really wants from a college education to submitting an impactful college application is covered. Everyone from high school freshmen to rising seniors in college can benefit from the content here. This course delves deeper into the following areas of the college application process.
Deciding on one's interests and activities during high school
Choosing the college major
Making and finalizing the colleges list
Preparing for college while in high school
Conveying passion, interests, and hobbies appropriately in the application
Getting into college of choice and the selection process
Personal statement and supplemental essay resources
College cost, scholarships, grants, EFC, FAFSA, transferring credits, and financial aid
Preparing for the interview
Requesting for letters of recommendation
Requesting for internship
Writing an effective resume
Writing the personal statement
Advanced techniques for impactful personal statement
Filling out the common app.
What not to include in the college application
Parent's or guardian's role in the college application process
The course also provides several additional resources that can be consumed offline. This course is delivered to you by a college admissions expert. The quality of this course is that of a masterclass. At the same time it is a cost effective way to prepare for college if one does not plan to use a college admissions consultant.
Due to the size on the content this course is delivered in three parts.
This is part 1 of the masterclass.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students, freshmen to rising seniors, applying to colleges in the US
VoicED is a one-of-a-kind academy founded by a trained educator with years of experience in education and college prep in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founder and CEO, Ava Mariya Gencheva, wanted to create a different kind of college admissions counseling and college prep environment, one that focuses on the whole person and provides supportive and encouraging coaching that empowers students to realize and harness their strengths and gifts. Before founding VoicED, Ms. Gencheva served for more than a decade as a Program Director and a curriculum development expert at several private elite schools in the Bay Area. She studied law at New York University School of Law, and before that, education, culminating in B.S. in Education.