The Complete College Admissions Essay Writing Masterclass
What you'll learn
- ✅ Detailed and achievable steps on how to write a winning essay
- ✅ Advanced writing techniques explained and demonstrated only in this course
- ✅ Real essay samples from accepted students that are easy to follow
- ✅ A complete checklist of a proofreading and editing guide to serve you as your own personal editor
- No pre-requisites required; however, a strong understanding of English grammar and composition is required for writing and editing.
Hello, and thank you for stopping by. I'm so happy that you have decided to spend your time with me for this masterclass. I will be your instructor. My name is Ava Gencheva, and I'm an educator who has spent the last 20 years working with students and parents, teaching them how to write winning essays and also how to get into the school of their choice. Now, in this class, you will learn how you can approach the personal statement, how you can take your personal story and put it into 650 or 700 words, a story that will be compelling. It will be personal, and it will be authentic, just about you, because after all getting ready and getting into the college of your choice is not so much about statistics, GPA, standardized testing, and letters of recommendation, but also about you, about your personal story, about your voice, about the personality and what is it that's special about you that you bring to the table? And this is what we will be learning how to do here. And I know sometimes writing can feel a bit like a daunting task, having to take everything you've been through so far and make it into a compelling story. But trust me, I have made the process rather easy. There are lectures that you can listen to, after which there are some materials that you can refer to for additional information. I have given you samples of essays, and I have discussed what works and what doesn't. And when all is finished and done, you can always reach out to me for personal guidance. I'm here, and I've got you back, and trust me, this is going to be enjoyable, and you've got this. So let's begin.
Who this course is for:
- This course is relevant to high school seniors or anyone applying to undergraduate or graduate colleges and universities in the US
- Beginner writers who are interested in learning how to improve their writing when applying to colleges or scholarship programs.
VoicED is a one-of-a-kind academy founded by a trained educator with years of experience in education and college prep in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founder and CEO, Ava Mariya Gencheva, wanted to create a different kind of college admissions counseling and college prep environment, one that focuses on the whole person and provides supportive and encouraging coaching that empowers students to realize and harness their strengths and gifts. Before founding VoicED, Ms. Gencheva served for more than a decade as a Program Director and a curriculum development expert at several private elite schools in the Bay Area. She studied law at New York University School of Law, and before that, education, culminating in B.S. in Education.