Cold Process Beginner Soapmaking
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn basic cold process soapmaking
- Learn everything to make your first batch of soap
- Learn about the saponification process
- Learn how to work with lye safely
- Learn to scent and color your soap
- Learn to line your molds
- Learn to choose molds
- Learn about soapmaking ingredients and how to choose oils
- Learn to create your own soap recipes
- Supplies will be outlined in course
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to practice to master skills
Ever wanted to learn how to make soap from scratch but didn't know where to start? Now is your chance. This course will teach you everything a beginner should know including how to create your own recipes.
This is a comprehensive, course consisting of slideshow presentations, videos, downloadable PDFs, and quizzes to highlight important information in a professional format. You'll be able to learn everything you would in a traditional classroom and ask any questions along the way all from the comfort of your home. Over 4 hours of content.
- Basic chemistry of soapmaking
- Recipe building
- Supplies & equipment
- Safety considerations
- Step by step demonstrations
- Colorants, scents, and additives
- Molds and preparations
- Fats and lye
- Cutting, curing and storing
- And more
- 23 lectures and demonstrations
- 220+ slides
- 50 page downloadable PDF manual
- 4 quizzes
- 4+ hours of content
Our classes are unique in the industry. Each course is designed in logical sequence in a well thought out curriculum. Classes are very comprehensive and cover small details that are often overlooked in other courses and books, but make life easier for soapmakers (things we wished we had learned as a new soapmaker). The class is built on a professional platform, where you can learn at your own pace on your own time, anywhere in the world. You just need internet access and a desire to learn.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make cold process soap
- Beginner soapmakers that want to learn more
Welcome to Bath Alchemy Lab. This welcome slideshow video explains what features the course has and how to navigate the course.
This is a short description of what you will be learning in the class.
This lecture explains the different types of soapmaking processes that exist, and the pros and cons of each.
Soap should not be confused with detergents. All soap is made with lye and oils, whether made at home or commercially. If it doesn't contain lye, at any point, it is a detergent.