Python & Cryptocurrency: Build 5 Real World Applications
- A computer and a desire to learn
Are you interested in taking your Python skills to the next level?
Python is the future of software development. Cryptocurrencies are the future of money. CoinMarketCap is the most up to date FREE API that you can access live cryptocurrency data today. And now you can learn it all from the comfort of your home.. in your own time.. without having to attend class.
In this course we will take a deep dive into the CoinMarketCap API endpoints and create 5 applications. We will be using the recently released CoinMarketCap v2 API.
Hear what Other Students Have To Say
"Great course! I love Python and Crypto and this makes perfect combination! Please make more courses similar to this!"
"Great course for those interesting in Python and/or Crypto"
5 Bonus Projects:
A Cryptocurrency Portfolio App
Track all of your crypto assets with ease. See the total value of all your crypto assets combined along with detailed information about each one. Positive and negative values are color coated green and red.
A Real-Time Price Alert App
Get notified when cryptocurrencies hit certain prices in USD. You can keep this program running in the background. Your computer will shout things like, 'Litecoin hit $1200!'.
A Top 100 Cryptocurrency Ranking App
Sort by rank, daily percentage change, or daily volume. Positive and negative values are color coated green and red.
Predict The Future Values of the Top 100 Cryptocurrencies
Explore what the price of cryptocurrencies will be if the global market cap hits certain levels (such as world stock market levels)
Store Real-Time Information on 1000 Cryptocurrencies in Excel Using Python
Learn to store cryptocurrency information inside of excel workbooks using Python.
My name is Ian Annase, a software engineer who studies cryptocurrencies, astronomy, and who loves Python.
What’s stopping you from signing up to today?
- You don't have enough time: Not a problem at all. We have designed the course so you can learn everything you need to know in less than 3 hours. In fact if you think that the course fell short on delivering topics then we will give you your MONEY BACK.
Buy this course today and this is what you’ll get.
I will show you how to use all aspects of the CoinMarketCap API, and show you some Python tricks along the way. Using APIs is fun and easy if you use the right tools! I will show you how to use these tools and more in this course.
The course is accompanied with all the Python code sample files.
Why learn the CoinMarketCap API?
- It contains most up-to-date cryptocurrency information.
- Using the API is a breeze once you learn these tools.
- Many global currencies such as GBP and JPY are supported and using them is shown in this course.
- The CoinMarketCap API v2 is an improvement upon an API which is already great.
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone who wants to take their skills to the next level. Python is a programming language that many believe to be the future of software development, and the CoinMarketCap API.
- Anyone curious about using Python APIs or cryptocurrency
- Anyone interested in getting real-time information from APIs
- Anyone interested in creating their own projects using the CoinMarketCap API
- Call the Global API03:47
- Store API data in variables02:50
- Printing API Results03:58
- Formatting API Results06:11
- Selecting a currency other than USD01:01
- Making Requests1 question
- Call the Listings API Endpoint04:59
- API Updates1 question
- Call the Ticker API Endpoint07:25
- Storing Ticker API Results03:21
- Printing Ticker API Results07:05
- Formatting Ticker API Results03:00
- Formatting numbers1 question
- Create a Ticker Dictionary04:12
- Access Specific Cryptocurrencies05:30
- Print and Format API Results02:28
- JSON trees1 question
- Project 1 Introduction01:27
- Listings API Call and Libraries03:31
- Portfolio Creation and PrettyTable06:58
- Retrieving API Data04:05
- Formatting Output and Converting Timestamps05:29
- Add Color to Console Output05:32
- Project 2 Introduction01:44
- Listings API Call and Alerts04:20
- Alert Notifications and Making The Computer Speak05:11
- Project 3 Introduction00:58
- API Call and Menu Creation05:51
- Handle User Choices and PrettyTable03:24
- Retrieving API Data and Coloring Console Output04:45
- Sorting by Volume, Price Change, and Rank05:07
- Project 4 Introduction02:42
- Call the Global API and Create a PrettyTable05:20
- Exploring Potential Future Cryptocurrency Values08:46
- Debugging and Appending to PrettyTable02:26
- Project 5 Introduction00:53
- Creating Our Excel Workbook and Headers03:56
- Retrieve and Paginate Through API Data05:40
- Generate The Excel Workbook01:16
I have 8 years of experience developing applications in Python, Swift, Java, and C++. I am especially interested in cryptocurrency and its applications. I am currently working as an iOS developer at multiple local startups. I have a passion for teaching coupled with a love for developing software. I look forward to joining you on your software development journey.